Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sprite Patterns December Day 17: Two of RebelAngelRin's Requests and the Start of Hermit and Stitch Weekend

Hello! It's yet another day of Sprite Patterns December at Dork Stitch, and I feel even more unfocused than usual tonight. I went to Wal-Mart with my family this afternoon and am blaming that for my current state of mind. However, I do have two new sprite patterns, both at the request of fellow cross stitcher RebelAngelRin, who can be found on Deviant Art, featuring Final Fantasy VIII's Rinoa with her dog, Angelo, and Mint from Tokyo Mew Mew! Admittedly, the new Rinoa pattern is just the pattern from before with Angelo added on, but I'm pretty happy with how it ended up, and plan to make her in her outfit from the dance soon, too, meaning there'll be three patterns of her in the end. The pattern of Mint was fun to make, too, and will probably lead to patterns of the other girls from Tokyo Mew Mew within the next week or so. Now that you know all of that, though, here are the two patterns for today!
Now that those two patterns are posted, I think that I'll spend a bit of time talking about the start of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings! I really like participating in IHSW, but this weekend, I'm not hermitting at all, and I'm not sure that I'll do any cross stitch, either. I am, however, doing a lot of multi-stitch, which is what you use to make a sort of bracelet called a kandi cuff! There's a lot of information and cool patterns for them available at http://kandipatterns.com, but for now, I'm making Pokemon themed ones as party favors for kids at Pokemon League on Monday. I don't need to make too many, since my mom is making some Pokeball hats, and we've got some Mario Kart folders to give away, too, but last night, I finished two of them.
I'm not disappointed with either of them, and am hoping to make a few more tonight, with a fresh and just organized box of pony beads right next to me and ready to be used in frivolous jewelry! Just for the purpose of comparison, I thought that I'd post a photo of the box of beads tonight and one after the considerable dent that I'm about to make in it, so here is the pre-bracelet-fest box of pony beads.
I feel like I've typed a lot here, including both the patterns and my grand plan to cheat at International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, so I'm done here for tonight! I'll be back with more patterns and more yappin' tomorrow, though, which I'm looking forward to working on. Until then, however, I hope that you guys are having good and relatively low-stress weekends!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what she will look like in her ball dress. I'm looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelets are so cute, how do you make them?

    ReplyDelete