Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sprite Patterns December Day 18: Two Christmas Patterns and IHSW

Hello! Since International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze of Random Ramblings, is going to end in about an hour in my time zone, I'm going to write about the non-cross stitching that I did in the second half of this post, which should be very exciting and productive for everyone involved. For the start of today's blogging, though, I have two sprite patterns of Christmas type girls, since it's sort of fun to design holiday patterns every year. They're not fan art, which makes them spiffy and different to work on, and I get to work with all sorts of frilliness and red and green, which is also cool. Plus, since today is exactly a week before Christmas, it seemed like today would be a good day to post them! If you'd like to see last year's Christmas patterns, they can be found right here, but for now, here are two brand new patterns in the set!

Now that those sprite patterns are posted, I can move onto talking about the crafts that I did this weekend that were totally unrelated to cross stitching. I feel like this is, in some fundamental way, cheating the whole idea of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, but since I did technically use a needle and thread to do this, I guess that it was stitching. Rather than cross stitch, however, I spent the weekend making bracelets to give away as gifts at a holiday event at the Pokemon League I run tomorrow night. If you want more information about what I actually did to make these, I wrote about it a bit in my post for last night, and if you want to make your own, there are tons of helpful and easy to follow tutorials, along with all of the patterns I used, at www.kandipatterns.com. Basically, though, what I did was use some elastic thread to (sort of) peyote stitch together pony beads and make a clunky, gaudy, and very cool piece of jewelry called a kandi cuff. They're really fun to make, and I think that they're neat to wear, too, so I'm hoping that some of the kids at Pokemon League like them, too. Since last night, I finished two more of these, featuring a Charmander's face (the orange one), and a Gengar's face (the purple one), bringing me up to a total of four. The first two are depicted in my last post, but in case you're curious, here's a photo of the two new bracelets!
I also folded 24 origami lucky stars and a very small crane, but didn't take photos of those, since they seemed to count even less than these did.

With all of that posted and written about, I'm done for tonight, though I'll be back with a new post tomorrow for both Sprite Patterns December and Pokemon Monday, which was fun for the last two weeks, and a couple of sets of nifty reader work to feature over the next couple of days! Until then, I look forward to reading everyone who actually followed the rules's IHSW posts and hope that everyone's weekends went well!

4 comments:

  1. aww those pokemon bands look so cute! I'd go for them. thank you for all the cool sprite patterns I will have to start stitching some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sprite patterns are fantastic! I've never seen anything like them. I hope the Pokemoners like the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love those bracelets and YES, they count as stitching, that's for sure. :D

    You keep teasing about all the origami and yet I see no pics!! *sulk*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I think your Holiday sprites are really neat! I like your kandi cuffs too, never heard of them before butthey look awesome :-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete