Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sprite Patterns December Day 22: Five New Chrono Cross Patterns

Hello! Today, I have a lot of new sprite style cross stitch patterns to post, but since all of them are of party members from Chrono Cross, continuing a set that I started last month, I'm not actually sure if any of you care. After the patterns, however, I have a photo of myself ripping a Christmas present out of a dinosaur statue's mouth, so if you're interested in that piece of photography, taken with a cell phone by my sister, feel free to skip over all of the Chrono Cross stuff and read about that nonsense. For now, however, it's time to deal with the patterns!

The last time that I posted Chrono Cross cross stitch patterns, I had ones of Serge, Kid, Harle, and Lynx, which seemed like a nice place to start, but, from there, I decided that it might be best to try and post the party members in a semi-chronological order. That means that, for today, I have Leena, Poshul, Guile, Pierre, and Nikki, since all of them show up pretty early in the game. All five of the sprites were pretty fun to make, though Pierre did prove to be quite a bit of trouble, and I was thrilled that I got the Poshul pattern to come out looking like anything. I've done quite a few of the monster-type characters already, since I was worried they'd be more difficult than the rest, but for some reason, I had it in my head that making one of Poshul would be nearly impossible. I might have made it look a little more Pokemon-esque than necessary, but for me, that's hardly a problem, and I don't imagine it would be for anyone else reading this, either.

As far as actually stitching these goes, all five of these charts have a few more colors than most of my sprite patterns, but I think that's part of why they're cool. The character designs in Chrono Cross are really detailed and ornate, and even if I do lose some of the details in making them such a small size, it's still fun to find out what I can and can't get to work, and, at least so far, I haven't totally screwed one of them up. I've stitched the one of Leena, too, and the higher color count didn't make it any more difficult or time consuming to stitch. With that in mind, here are today's Chrono Cross craft makin' patterns, for your stitching or beading pleasure!




Now that today's patterns are posted, here is, as I promised earlier, a photograph of me fighting a plastic dinosaur for a Christmas present. I am not sure why there is a statue of a dinosaur in the middle of the mall, though I think it used to be in a mini golf course that closed a couple of years ago. However, I can't argue with the fact that they threw a Santa hat onto it and filled its mouth with wrapped gifts, since it makes the whole thing perfect for bizarre photo opportunities. It seems a little frivolous to post this, but since it just seems wasteful to get someone to take a photo of you fighting a dinosaur and then not do anything with it, here it is!
With that out of the way, I think that I'm done blogging for now, though I'll be back for more posting tomorrow with some sort of cross stitch pattern to match the rest from the month. Until then, I hope that you're doing well both in terms of the holidays and whatever crafts you've been working on lately!

4 comments:

  1. Question of the day: why are there Christmas presents in a dinosaur mouth 0.0

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new sprites are very cool and Pierre looks pretty fancy indeed with his hat. Nice picture with the dinosaur too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love the Chrono Cross patterns!! Pierre looks so awesome! :D :D I'd love to see your take on Xenogears sprites which I thought of after seeing these guys!

    Also you have a seriously cool mall to have a dinosaur nomming Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pic, albeit odd.... I wonder what they were thinking. Great to see a pic of you. :D

    ReplyDelete