Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sprite Patterns December Day 31: The Month Ends With Two More Naruto Patterns

Hello! Today is the final day of Sprite Patterns December here at Dork Stitch, so, along with all of the other blogs I've been reading this afternoon, I want to wish everyone reading a happy new year! Now that all of those holiday wishes are over with, it's time to get on with the standard stuff for today's blog post, which includes two new Naruto cross stitch patterns. I just used characters from the request list today, so there are really no surprises, but today's victimized characters are Gaara and Rock Lee! I think that both of them worked out well, though Rock Lee in particular is fairly backstitch heavy. I couldn't very well make him without the eyebrows, though, so it seemed like a decent tradeoff. Gaara's backstitch eyeliner is pretty cool, too, especially since that's not a design feature that I get to use all that often. If you'd like to see it for yourself, here are today's spiffy new patterns!

Now that those are posted, it's time to move on to some reader work, courtesy of Eyani Ryou of the cross stitching blog Stitchy Stitches. Earlier in the month, she'd asked after the Yu-Gi-Oh patterns that I ended up posting a few days later, and though she's been done with them for a while, she stitched Yugi and Kaiba for her card playing brother's Christmas card! Both of them look really cool, and, seeing as they got to be stitched on hand-dyed evenweave, they're also very classy. If you'd like to see a full sized version of Eyani's Yu-Gi-Oh stitching, along with photos of all of her other fancy and impressive cross stitched images, visit her blog, which I linked to above. For now, however, here is a thumbnail image of her spiffy versions of Yugi and Kaiba!
Before I quit blogging for today, I have another WIP image of my cross stitch of Noel from Blazblue, though it isn't too different from yesterday's. I thought that it might work out nicely to post a photo of how far I am on the project every time that I post here, which should go pretty well, considering that I won't be posting on a daily basis again for a while. For now, however, here is how my blob of blue cross stitches is shaping up!
With all of that posted, I'm done with this blog for today, and for the year, too! I'll be back in a couple of days with some sort of nifty new pattern, but until then, enjoy the start of 2012 and all of the crafts that you're working on in the final hours of 2011!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, they look great!! What a nifty ending to your Sprite December. :D The back stitching on both of them looks nice; I love the little details! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through the whole month! It seemed like a lot of work, but you put up some awesome patterns :-)

    Yu-Gi-Oh and Kaiba look fantastic too and Noel is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Gaara and Rock Lee! They look great! Or should I say 'spiffy'? :D
    Your WIP pics look good! Love the shade of the blob XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's not too much trouble and if you aren't busy, could you make an Anko one? I would really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete