Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another Clannad Cross Stitch Pattern, A Finished Lucky Star Stitching, and My Slowly Progressing WIP

Hello! On my last post here, with all of the features, I stated that in a couple of days, I'd be back here and posting again with a new pattern. Because of that, I started work on one this afternoon, featuring Sunohara from Clannad, since he was requested before the advent of Sprite Patterns December and had been left waiting for a long time. It had been quite a while since I'd made a portrait pattern, though, so I was going really slowly and didn't at all think that I'd get done in time. After a couple of hours, though, I had what I think is a nice pattern of Sunohara done and ready to post! I probably should have done this blog post then, but since I felt like getting off of the computer and doing other things at that point, that's what ended up happening.

This pattern is a little different from portrait patterns that I've done in the past, regardless of the character they depict, since the outline for most of it isn't all that dark. For Christmas, my dad got me the artbook for The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, by Arina Tanemura (which I haven't read and now would like to), and one of the things that I really thought was cool about the art in it was that none of the outlines were black. It took me a bit to think of a good reason as to why that looked nice, but I decided that, since all of the drawings were filled with ruffles and flowing hair and giant stereotypical manga eyes, the lighter outlines allowed for more detail without the drawings starting to look dark and messy. Since detail clutter seemed to be a big problem working on the Clannad portrait patterns in the past, I thought it might be helpful to give that a try on this pattern, which I think worked out for the best. It might be a bit of a pain to switch outline colors according to the object, but it makes it look less intense and more like the source material, which is always nice for cross stitching fanart. I hope that you guys like how it looks, too!
Now that I have today's pattern posted, I have a spiffy new piece of stitching to show off from avid cross stitcher Kamryn! Even though a lot of this blog's Lucky Star portrait patterns have been stitched in the past, with Konata being the most popular choice, Kamryn is the first person that I know of to stitch Miyuki's school uniform portrait, and it looks excellent. Her stitching is, as always, extremely neat and orderly, and, if I understand properly, she stitched Miyuki really quickly, too. Here is a photo to commemorate her new stitching accomplishment!
That's my last bit of new content for today, but before I go, I want to post another WIP photo of my cross stitch of Noel from BlazBlue! I don't feel like I added all that much since the last time I posted a photo of it, but the fact that I started working on the black floss makes it look a lot bigger than it was before. Hopefully, it'll help when I get some of the new outlines filled in, too.
Anyway, I am now done blogging for tonight, but I'm yet again hoping to post some more new patterns in the next couple of days! There are a lot of sprite pattern requests that I'd like to work on, including some more Naruto ones and Janine from Pokemon Gold/Silver, and working on new portrait patterns is always fun, too. If there are any characters you'd like to see done in either style, let me know and I'll do my best to make something nice in regards to your request. Until then, have a nice Friday and good luck with your stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Sunohara! =O He looks awesome. I love the new way you did the outline. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miyuki looks really cute stitched! I was wondering, is there a chance for Ciel from Kuroshitsuji? Because I finished the two butlers just now and thought it'd be cute him too (especially in that pretty pink dress, lol) ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I squealed when I saw Sunohara. Loudly. Enough to gather "What?!"s from all ends of the house, ahaha. ♥ I can't wait to stitch him! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.
    VIBE Blackair Series 5-Inch 100W RMS Component Speaker BA5-V2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.
    Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot

    ReplyDelete