Sunday, January 22, 2012

IHSW January 2012- Three Photos of Stitchings of Girls who Kick People in Video Games

Hello! It's Sunday night at the end of an International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joyzse of the blog Random Ramblings, so, since I'm going to be subbing for a math class tomorrow, I thought that I'd do a quick blog post to sum up my stitching for the weekend now! I didn't do any of the hermit stuff at all, seeing as I went and watched two of my siblings at a six hour Scholastic Bowl tournament on Saturday and went to see Haywire today,  but I feel like I was pretty productive with my stitching anyway, and on more than one project. Part of that is because I dragged my folder of sprite patterns to the Scholastic Bowl tournament, allowing me to work on my plastic canvas sheet of fighting game characters. I'm not very fast about making them, but I was there for long enough that I finished one I'd started on Friday and got two more completely made. My process in making them was not terribly interesting, so instead of typing two much about the three sprites, here are the photos!
These two sprites are of Kyo (in gray), from the King of Fighters games, and Talim (in poofy shorts) from Soul Calibur, both of whom were stitched during the morning hours.
This poor sprite, though, stuck in her own image because she started a new row (she's actually the 7th on the sheet, which I'll post all of when I'm done with it), is B. Jenet from Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves. I actually quite like this one, since she's the first of my sprites with a tattoo, but she's really not that complicated, either.

The other half of my stitching for the weekend was my continued work on my giant, non-simplified fighting game sprite, featuring Noel from the BlazBlue games. I really didn't think that I'd get any of her stitched this weekend, but a steady stream of television, including reruns of The Big Bang Theory, the middle hour of Inglorious Basterds (which I've seen enough times to not be bothered by watching the middle hour), an episode of Once Upon a Time, and The Trip, which my family watched on Netflix, allowed me to work on her quite a bit! The page of the pattern that I'm working on is covered in colored pencil scribbles, marking off the pages that I've finished, and I think that the ruffles of her skirt are really starting to look like they fit the overall image. Here is a slightly crooked and poorly lit photo of my project as it currently stands, though, so you can see it for yourself!
With that, I think that I'm done with about everything for tonight, since I'm really tired and ought to go to bed. I hope that the rest of you had productive IHSWs, though, and am about to go see some of the other people who have already posted! I'll be back with a more normal post very soon, but until then, good night!

10 comments:

  1. VERY nice! I love looking at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You def had a very productive IHSW! All the sprites and Noel look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sprites!! BTW-- I do have a tattoo too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sprites!!! Poor wee lonesome. Looking forward to seeing a buddy by her.

    Noel looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuties!! I'm liking the Noel sprite!! Her skirt is coming in nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your had a really productive weekend!! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noel's skirt is looking amazing! I still like that blue in her too, a very nice shade :-)

    The colors on B Jenet and Talim are very cool as well. It looks like you had a very good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I love those little figures!! I'm loving the colors in Noel.

    ReplyDelete