Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sprite Patterns of Pokemon Girls That Are of Some Relation to Koga

Hello! It's been a long time since I last posted here, since I didn't feel my best last week, but today, I'm hoping to get back to blogging normally! I have two new patterns and some totally self-serving photos of my own work for today, and am hoping to make yet more patterns and do a dedicated features post pretty soon, too, which doesn't seem like such a bad plan as far as getting back to blogging goes.

Before I go any further, I also want to say in response to an anonymous comment, which I'm pretty sure is from the person that I sort of labeled as Pokemon Trainer in my head, Pokemon Mondays have stopped here lately. I really like making Pokemon patterns, since they're fun to work on and I enjoy stitching them, but making them every Monday ended up not being much fun at all, since I'd get a bit stressed out on Sundays about making patterns for it that were good enough to post and of interesting subjects. Since this made me kind of hate Pokemon Mondays, I decided to scale back and just post Pokemon patterns when I made them or when people requested them. Even though this will cut the number of Pokemon patterns here by a bit, I think that, as a whole, what does get posted will be spiffier, so I hope that it works out.

With that said, today's post does feature two new Pokemon-themed sprite patterns, one of which was requested by NinjaWarriorTenten! Somewhat appropriately, she asked after a sprite pattern of Janine, Koga's daughter who runs the Fuchsia City Gym in Pokemon Gold/Silver. It was a fun pattern to make, especially trying to get her scarf to look neat, but when I first read the request, I imagined Aya from the TV show, who was Koga's sister that ran around in a hot pink dress and tried to kill the main characters with traps and stuff. The reasonable thing to do probably would have been to just forget about that and focus on the pattern of Janine, but instead, as a part of my plan to make all of the minor characters from the Pokemon anime, I ended up doing patterns of both of them. I hope that you enjoy stitching these brightly colored ninja girls!
With those posted, I guess I'll type about my stitching rubbish for a while, though it's not very exciting. My giant cross stitch project, of Noel from BlazBlu, sort of got ignored while I wasn't feeling great, though I have gotten a little more done on her. It's not as much as I probably should have stitched, but either way, here is today's WIP photo! I'm hoping to get quite a bit more done over the next few days, since it's one of Joyzse's International Hermit and Stitch Weekends.
What I have worked a lot on lately, though, are my dinky sprite patterns, with my Robotech set of them finally complete! I still need to post the patterns for Claudia and Roy, if any of you guys are interested in stitching these, too, but here's with the complete set looks like, before being cut out as standees.
With this done, I've started in on a new sheet of plastic canvas for these, dedicating the whole thing to characters from fighting games. I have three sprites out of eighteen that'll fit stitched so far, so I have quite a bit more to go, but so far, it's fun! I'm making a ton of new patterns for it, too, several of which will probably never be posted, unless you guys are also excited about the prospect of stitching a miniature version of Ryoko from World Heroes. If there are any fighting game characters that you'd like to see as sprite patterns, though, let me know and I'll try my best to make them! If I'm going to be making the patterns anyway, I might as well see if there are any requests while I'm at it, right?

I think that I'm done posting here for now, but I hope to be back soon with more patterns, since I have a list of requests to get through and am always taking more alongside all of the stuff that I make otherwise, and some extremely spiffy features on work from readers! Until then, though, I hope that all of you are having nice Thursdays and good luck with your own stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Ninja girls! I like it! Good work with Noel and your sprites look fabulous as always. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you may be busy with requests and I understand that you may not be able to fill my request, but I would like to ask. I was wondering if you might be able to make a pattern of Mint/Cornina from Toyko Mew Mew in her cafe dress. I have been trying for weeks and can't get it to look right. I am also trying to do a pattern/graph for Misty from the HG/SS generation, but her jacket and hair are being stubborn. Thank you for taking the time to look this over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. :) sorry you were sick. Hope you're back at 100%. 5 more blogs and I'm finally caught up with blog reading, and then it's tackle emails time, so I'll have one heading your way soon.

    Always great to see Noel. Happy switching this weekend!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your hobby don't turn it into something stressful. You're doing a great job designing this sort of stuff as they're not easily found in needlework stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I dont have any clue about Pokemon or sprites, I am always keen to see your designs - and I love that you are bringing 'spiffy' back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new sprites are excellent, both the ninja ones and the stitched ones! And Noel is coming along a treat as well- wonderful job! :-) I'm glad you're feeling better now too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all your stitching looks really great, especially for not feeling well!
    Noel is really going fast!

    ReplyDelete