Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cross Stitch Patterns of the Two Lead Characters From The Artist- Well, At Least I'll Stitch Them

Hello! I am pretty sure that it is a bad idea for me to be posting to this blog right now. Earlier in the evening, I was commenting on people's blogs, and on two occasions, I closed the window before typing in the captcha code to verify that I'm not some robot hell-bent on telling people that their cross stitching is pretty and then wondered why my comment wouldn't post. Luckily, Blogger auto-saves comments, but the whole thing is not a good sign in regards to my thought processes this evening. Just a few minutes ago, however, I finished a really cool new pair of sprite patterns, featuring George and Peppy, the two main characters from The Artist, and wanted to post them before I lost my enthusiasm, so here I am! I saw The Artist this morning and really enjoyed it, so I thought that it would be fun to try and make patterns of the characters. It may be this blog's second set of sprite patterns based on characters from a silent film, which is probably excessive, but I like using the black and white thread palette and wanted to see if I could successfully represent a flapper dress and a mustache. (I think that I succeeded, but, unfortunately, my sprite of George looks nothing like Jean Dujardin.) Plus, I had a Black Swan pattern last year, so it seems like doing this was more than fair. Before I've chatted on about this for too long, though, here is the pattern!
I imagine that I'll be stitching this very soon, so I'll be able to say how it works out before too long, but I think that when I do make this, I'll use two strands of DMC 310 for the backstitching in black. It might not be quite standard, but I think that it'll make Peppy's skirt look nicer and make the details on George's tuxedo stand out more.

Anyway, at this point in my blog posts, I usually have a WIP photo for my current big project, but I've been stitching a cute and colorful ocean sampler for the past couple of days, so I don't actually have one. My attention span isn't very good, but I will have about 15 fish and a boat to show for it very soon, so setting Noel aside isn't a complete loss. I also went through all of the comments on here and on the Dork Stitch Facebook page to catalog all of the pattern requests I've gotten, so I'm going to get to work on a lot of those pretty soon, too. It's probably not evident that I did that from the contents of tonight's post, but they're all tidily written out in a glittery Sanrio notebook, so you guys can rest assured that all of this is being handled with the utmost professionalism. Before I get going on them, though, I do have to ask about which Bleach characters you guys would like to see. I got a general request for Bleach sprite patterns a while back, but the cast is so big that, even though I'm a bit more familiar with the characters than I am with the Naruto ones, it's difficult to decide where to start. The other day, though, I thought about it and think that I figured out a solution to backstitching Renji's eyebrows, so there's always that.

After all of that typing and rubbish, I think that I should probably take my leave of this blog for the evening, but I hope that all of you are doing well and have a nice rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cool. They really will be great with the Metropolis patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ermmm... the mention of a new WIP with no pics?? Tease. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute! I like her flapper beads.
    Can't wait to see your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiyori Sarugaki, Rukia Kuchiki and Yoruichi Shihōin are my favorites from BLEACH. :) I've tried working on one for Hiyori but her hair is tricky. I have also tried Katen Kyōkotsu's human forms but the bigger lady's outfit is tricky as well.

    ReplyDelete