Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Requested Sprite Patterns of Girls in Blue

Hello! Today, I don't really have that much to post, but after reading all of the nice comments left here over my International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for the month, which I really appreciated, and visiting a ton of other blogs for the event myself, I feel very enthusiastic about doing some sort of blogging. I do, however, have two patterns that were requested by RebelAngelRin last week all finished and ready to go, though, so I do have some sort of excuse to write here. The two characters from this request are Mint, from Tokyo Mew Mew, in her waitress outfit, and Misty, from Pokemon, in her gym leader outfit from the Gold/Silver games. Both of them were a bit difficult to do, but I think that both of them ended up being recognizable and ought to be fun to stitch. In Mint's case, I tried to keep as many aspects of her color scheme from her magical girl outfit intact as I possibly could, which I think turned out pretty well, while the Misty pattern was different enough from her Pokemon cartoon one that I wasn't quite as worried about that sort of thing with her. Their outfits were both interesting to pixel, too, with Misty's jacket providing a bit of difficulty, even though I think it worked in the end, and Mint's heart shaped apron being the most difficult point of that design. Without any further typing, though, here are today's two patterns!

Now that I have today's two patterns posted, I have another entirely unnecessary photo of my work on Noel, a cross stitched version of a sprite from the fighting game BlazBlue, to post, with her not looking very different than she did when I posted one on Sunday! Most of what I've done was filling in the light bluish gray spot at the front of her dress, which isn't too visible, but on a positive note, I did get the skin on this page stitched in this morning, which is at least not blue. I was sort of hoping to get her page that I'm working on done by the end of the month, and it's starting to look like I'll be able to do it!
With those two things all written about and posted, I guess that I'm done here for today, though I plan to go through all of the comments I've gotten and write down a list of requested patterns, both for sprite patterns and more detailed portrait patterns! I might be slow about getting them done, but if you have any pattern requests, I'll do my best to get them filled and posted, since it's sort of fun to see if I can make what you guys ask about. I'm also planning on doing a post of featured work from this blog's patterns at the start of February, and I already know of tons of cool stuff that I get to write about, including a DeviantArt user who, at last count, did perler versions of over a dozen of the sprite patterns! It won't be too long until I'm back here and typing more nonsense, but, until then, have a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. I think the filling in the area has definitely added another dimension to Noel. Great going! Can't wait to see pic with skin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I LOVE THEM! Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Noel is looking gorgeous!
    Cute sprites, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress is progress no matter what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done the big bang theory and i was just wondering if you had plans to do the IT Crowd??
    They look great as usual.

    ReplyDelete