Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another Clannad Portrait Pattern and an Odd Cross Stitch That I Just Got Done With

Hello! It feels like it's been a lot longer than I last posted here than it actually has been, probably because I'm sort of sleepy and not thinking all that clearly, but today, I finished another cross stitch pattern in the set of Clannad charts, so it seemed like as good a time as any to start typing! I'm actually getting quite a bit further with these patterns than I ever expected, though I should probably go back and make a portrait one of Tomoyo to match her fighting game style pattern from a few months back, so it's fun to have another of them to post. Today's featured character is Kyou, who was chosen using my incredibly scientific method of looking up a list of characters from Clannad and looking up the first of them of which I hadn't yet made a pattern. It was cool to work on this pattern, since it's a bit different to make a pattern of an anime girl who's not smiling or wistfully gazing into the distance, which seems to be an issue with this set of patterns in particular. If you don't like the more aggressive expression, though, I've already gotten started on a pattern for her sister, Ryou, that has her looking all smiley and perky and all of that stuff. Before I start typing about that pattern, too, though, here is Kyou's portrait style cross stitch pattern, in all of it's charted glory! I hope that those of you who are working on stitching this set like it!
This isn't directly related to the pattern of Kyou, but as I'm working on all of these Clannad patterns, what other anime would you guys like to see sets of portrait patterns from? It's interesting to work on them, so I'm a little curious about that. Plus, having something in mind when I sit down to work on them will drastically curb the amount of fancy patterns of characters from Medabots that you'll see here in the coming weeks, though I can't guarantee that it can stop them completely.

With that said, I suppose that it's time to move to the next part of my post for tonight, in which I type about my own stitching! The other day, I mentioned that, rather than focusing and working on my big project, I'd started to work on a small ocean-themed sampler, which I hoped to have done in a couple of days. It took a little longer than I'd expected, probably because I didn't actually work on it for an entire day, but tonight, I did get the project finished! The pattern I used is from from Cross Stitch Patterns, a cryptically titled Ondori book by Misako Murayama, released in the early 1970s. Though the stitched model in the book was bright, I decided that it wasn't quite bright enough, especially since it was to be stitched on black fabric, and added a few more colors to it, which shows up most in all of the different fish. The busy and mildly confusing nature of the design can all be attributed to the designer, though, which is why I liked making it so well. This was stitched onto 14-count black Aida cloth with whatever brands of embroidery floss I had next to me.
 
With that, I think that I'm done here for tonight, though I hope to be back soon with new patterns, some of which may even be based on requests, and, eventually, a really big features post. Until then, however, I hope that all of you had a nice first day of February and are doing well with whatever craft projects that you're currently working on!

8 comments:

  1. Woah, I really like your ocean pictue- those fish are really bright and cute! Great job on the pattern of Kyou as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expression on Kyou's face is great. xP She looks AWESOME!!! And I hadn't even started Sunohara yet. XD
    And your stitching looks nifty as well. Love the colors against the black bg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sea piece with all the bright fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the boat and fishes! so colorful even with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that is CUTE!
    Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are pretty fish. *grins* If you're going to frame it, it'll look lovely on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!!! Cute finish!!!! :D the colors a great on the black fabbie. Are you going to frame it up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made some nice points there. I did a search on the topic and found most persons will consent with your website.
    SERIAL RECPT PRINTER 15LN VALIDN ITHACA CA DRAWER W/AC PS D GRAY [154s-mic-dg]

    ReplyDelete