Monday, February 20, 2012

IHSW February and Two New Naruto Cross Stitch Patterns

Hello! Lately, I've been working on putting my town's community newsletter together, so for the past few days, I haven't been able to do quite as much blogging as I'd like. I just got a nice draft of it that I can present at a meeting tomorrow night finished and ready to go, though, so that shouldn't be an issue for the next few months!

Today's post is pretty much just going to stick to what the title says it will, starting with the small project that I did for this month's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings. A lot of times, I try to use the Hermit and Stitch Weekends to get a big chunk of a bigger project done, but this month, I looked at all of my big projects and just sort of decided that I didn't want to work on them. Because of that, I decided that it was time to finally try stitching one of Gatchacaz's pretty blackwork Pokemon patterns! (Piles of them can be seen and found on her blog, and they're all very spiffy.) Since I'm not very skilled with blackwork, I started with one of her easier patterns and ended up stitching Umbreon, since it's a cool Pokemon and the fill pattern she chose looked like it would look impressive when stitched. I was thrilled with my finished project, since I'd been really concerned that I'd screw the whole thing up. The original pattern called for black thread, and I decided that it would be more fun to stitch in a fake tie-dyed floss, which could have very easily gone wrong. I think that it worked out, though, even if the variegated yellow I picked for this was way too light, so here is my blackwork Umbreon, looking very rainbow-y and bright!
With that segment of the post done with, it's time for today's two new cross stitch patterns, which happen to be sprite patterns of characters from Naruto! It's been a while since I last filled any requests for sprite patterns, so today's charts are of Anko and Kakashi, who were both asked for by readers. Neither pattern is all that fancy or detailed, so even though Anko requires some backstitching, I think that both of them would look quite nice in perler beads. To be completely honest, though, I'm just happy that they resemble the characters from the anime, so I hope that you guys like them, too!

I think that I'm out of stuff to post for today, so I should probably end my blog post here. It felt sort of weird and backwards to post the finished work first and the patterns second, but I guess that it's not so strange. Either way, though, I'm hoping to make some new patterns and be ready to post again within the next few days, so until then, enjoy your week and have good luck with all of your crafting!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Pokemon! Very colourful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute "blackwork" pokeman!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all 3 patterns! I'm going to try my hand at block work eventually, I'm working on a Celtic knot like pattern at the moment and hope to finish it and post it soon. Keep up the awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blackwork of Umbreon! I love the colors you chose for him, he is so bright :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Umbreon is so cute and colourful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Umbreon looks gorgeous - I LOVE that floss!
    And yay! Kakashi! I'm working on Vash & Wolfwood right now but he may be next :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya sweetie!! :D Draft all turned in? :)

    Oooooh, I like your blackwork. I like your colorful version better, that's for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!! Your patterns are so cool!!! Can I make them too? :)

    ReplyDelete