Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Small Cross Stitch Patterns of Six Love Hina Characters and Some Other Stuff

Hello! Tonight, I am giving my new computer, an older refurbished iBook that I've been using quite successfully for image editing, a little bit of a test by trying to use it to do a blog post. I'm pretty sure that it'll work, but I've put together a pretty image heavy post to see if adding pictures makes it freeze up like the desktop computer does. Either way, though, it's a good excuse to blog and watch Netflix at the same time, allowing me to inflict new sprite patterns on the world while watching Casshern and finding other completely unproductive ways to multitask.

Anyway, what's more important than the reason why I decided to do this post is probably what it contains, so tonight, I have some new sprite patterns featuring the main cast of Love Hina. When I started these this afternoon, I thought that it would take me forever to get them done, but what I'd failed to remember was that, on Love Hina, the characters wore fairly ordinary, non-elaborate clothing, and the hairstyles weren't that fancy, either. A couple of them were still sort of difficult to get right, and I did end up taking a while on them, but by the end of the afternoon, I had the six patterns that I wanted to have done finished! I'd still sort of like to make some of the supporting cast to go with these, since this set was fun to make. For now, though, here are more Love Hina sprite patterns than I'm sure any of you expected for tonight!





With all of that posted, this computer is performing beautifully so far, so I guess that I'll be able to post a photo of the three sprites that I stitched since my last post. From left to right, the first of them is Peppy from The Artist, which I'm actually really happy with. I didn't know how well all of the backstitching on her dress would work out, but I like how it ended up, and I got to use some glitter floss for the bodice of her dress, too, which was fun. The middle one is Vicious from Cowboy Bebop, who got stitched because I already had the gray floss out after making George and Peppy, and the sprite to the right is Sabrina from Pokemon, who I made because I wanted to do something with bright colors.
With both of those things posted, I think that I'm done for tonight, though I should be back with more patterns and such soon! I want to do another portrait pattern next, and since the start of March is tomorrow, I hope to have a new features post before too long, too. As always, if you have any pattern requests, let me know and I will do my best to fill them.

Before I log off, I would like to post this video that I stole off of my sister's Facebook page in memory of Davy Jones. If you're reading this blog from the U.S., Antenna TV is doing a 59-episode Monkees marathon this weekend, ending with Head, the movie this is from, and regardless of your location, Iotacons has also posted a very nice tribute tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Love Hina! Did you see the anime? Might stitch these cuties some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post came out great using the iBook! :D Was it quicker than the desktop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Love all your Love Hina charts!

    ReplyDelete