Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two Sprite Patterns of Katniss from The Hunger Games (because in pop culture nowadays, that's what every girl is named, so I really have to be specific)

Hello! Today was not my most productive day ever. I did cross stitch a little bit, but for the most part, I sat around and played video games, sat around and watched TV, and sat around and read. Even the small subbing job that I got for today involved a lot of downtime, so I managed to lounge about and read in multiple locales, though I did mix things up and write a little bit, too. When I got on the computer tonight, though, I got it in my head that, in order to make up for this lack of activity, I would do some sprite patterns and put together a blog post. It took my a little longer to do this than I'd expected, but, since the book I was reading today was The Hunger Games, I decided to do a couple of sprite patterns for Katniss, the main character. Even though I finished it, I'm not sure what to make of the book yet, though it wasn't boring, even for a page. It seemed kind of like a deranged high school anime version of this movie I saw quite a few years ago called Series 7: The Contenders, where people killed each other on a reality TV show. The outfit descriptions were more than clear enough to see if I could make patterns from them, though, and doing some sprite patterns from something people actually liked seemed like a good way to make up for the Medabots post that I did yesterday. Of course, the Medabots rubbish is not over by a longshot, since I have a vision in my head of filling a room with giant plastic canvas pictures of them, but for now, that's irrelevant. Please enjoy these two sprite patterns of Katniss, both of which will probably look weird as soon as the movie comes out, seeing as I used the book as reference rather than photos. Since it may require a bit of explanation, the bright and confusing one on the left is her, "Look at me, isn't being on fire all pretty and stuff?" outfit, while the conservative one on her right is the outfit for the games and all of that. Either way, happy stitching!
Since my computer and brain are both holding up a little better than they did last night, I'm going to take this opportunity to post a photo of the small craft that I did make tonight. While I was watching The New Girl, I decided that it was time to actually use the old battlechips that my brother had given me from his Mega Man Battle Network Net Navi toy and make a pair of earrings! They're a little oversized and clunky, but since subtlety is never really the point with Mega Man earrings, it doesn't bother me at all. Plus, they were made with really lightweight plastic, so the earrings made from them don't hurt my ears. This photo of them might not be the best ever, but I hope it gets the point across!
With all of that posted, I'm done for tonight, but I'm hoping to go through my requests list and get another couple of patterns finished and ready to post soon. Until then, have a nice day and good luck with whatever craft projects you may be working on!

4 comments:

  1. The Hunger games has been in my want to read list for some time. Now when I have a pattern of a character, I should sped thing up. I learned that if something has a cross stitch pattern, then it's most likely epic - always trust your fellow stitchers! The earrings are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so completely ecstatic right now! :D :D Super random awesome sprites! @.@ Also, your earrings are amazingly cool as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet Katniss sprites! I especially like the one of her fire outfit :-) Wonderful job and as always I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love the Hunger Games! I can't wait for the movie to come out on March 23rd

    ReplyDelete