Sunday, March 18, 2012

IHSW March- Some Pokemon Stitching, But Not All That Much

Hello! Earlier today, I did another post, featuring four new sprite patterns, and that should be directly under this. In this post, however, I have my final cross stitch WIP photo for International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, run by Joysze of Random Ramblings! As always, I did sort of a poor job of hermitting, since on Saturday, I went out to go shopping and see 21 Jump Street (which was quite funny) with my family. On Friday, however, when I did, for the most part, stay at home, I spent a lot more time staring at the wall and taking advantage of the fact that my copies of Marvel vs. Capcom and Soul Calibur for Dreamcast suddenly worked again than I did stitching. With the help of a lot of good old fashioned TV watchin', however, including another episode of Vampire Diaries on Netflix and a faulty DVD of a Lupin the III movie, I did get quite a bit of cross stitching done. I worked on the pattern of Meloetta from Pokemon that I posted on Friday and, during the weekend, almost got her outline done! I think that if I'd managed to finish watching Green Lantern tonight and keep stitching through it, I could have gotten done, finishing up her back and some of her hair, but it's nothing I can't finish up tomorrow night. I got her eyes and jewel filled in, too, with some bright blue DMC satin floss! It was sort of a pain to stitch with, and it doesn't show up in my bad photos, but in the end, I think it'll look cool. Either way, though, here are my three photos from this weekend, showing what I got stitched on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
I've read a lot of really neat IHSW wrap-up posts already, and am hoping to read quite a bit more of them tomorrow. Until then, I hope that all of you are doing well with whatever crafts or projects you're working on and having a nice end to your weekends!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!! I think you had a great IHSW. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on Meloetta! I really like how she looks with the black and just the blue of her eyes :-) Wonderful work on her as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Your Meloetta is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I hope you don't mind, but I've awarded you a blog award. I'm always rading your blog and love your patterns so thought you deserved it.
    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's lovely! And even on the photo you can see the blue is no ordinary dmc; it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute design! I'de think you had a successful IHSW weekend.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete