Sunday, March 18, 2012

Small Sprite Patterns of The IT Crowd Cast

Hello! This is not my IHSW finishing post, which I'm going to do later tonight. I know that it's probably a bad idea to post twice in one day, but I'm not really doing much else, so it doesn't seem too awful. Anyway, it probably tells you just how dedicated to stitching I've been this weekend that, this afternoon, I finished washing the dishes and sat down on the living room floor to draw out a new set of sprite patterns. It took quite a while to do, and it was actually much less efficient than doing the patterns digitally, like I usually do, would have been, though it didn't make the process any easier or more difficult. What I ended up with when I was finished filling in squares on my graph paper, however, was four brand new sprite patterns featuring some cast members of The IT Crowd! These cross stitch patterns were requested months ago, so I know that it's very slow to just be making and posting them today, but my siblings were watching the show, so it was a good reminder, and the fact that these are here now is proof that I do get requests done eventually! Regardless of all of that, however, here are today's patterns, featuring Moss, Roy, Douglas, and Jen all in simplified versions of outfits they wore on the show.



I think that these turned out to be nice enough patterns and will probably stitch them myself, mostly because I think it'll be fun to have a bunch of sitcom characters for my collection of stitched sprite standees. Moss and Roy both have a little bit of backstitching, but not enough that they'd look bad as perler projects, and Jen and Douglas are completely free of it. As an additional note, if you want to stitch the sprites from the opening credits of The IT Crowd rather than these Phantasy Star II versions of the characters, Chris at Other Dork Stitch has them posted on his blog!

Since I'm going to be posting here again later tonight, I'm done here for now and off to do a little more cross stitching before the weekend ends! Still, I hope you guys have had a good weekend so far! I've seen so many cool posts about International Hermit and Stitch Weekend already, and I know there's going to be a lot more of them tomorrow, so I feel sort of motivated to make noticeable progress on my current project while I watch TV tonight!

3 comments:

  1. So cool!
    I will have to stitch these after I finish a small project for my sons friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I was just debating whether I could perler bead them or not, but I thin it would be cool to cross stitch them :). Awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahahaha, we love this show. The one where they told her the internet was in that little black box cracks me up every time.

    ReplyDelete