Monday, April 9, 2012

Cross Stitch Every Tribute From the 74th Hunger Games

Hello! Today's post is going to focus on a pattern making project that I've spent a lot of time on this weekend, and, as such, it will not have any stuff about my own stitching at the end, like I usually write. I'm not sure that really matters, but I wanted to say that up front, since it seemed like the thing to do. What this post will have, however, is one cross stitch sprite pattern for each and every one of the tributes featured in the Hunger Games, using the movie as a template for how they ought to look. I got to see the movie yesterday, and thought it would be cool to do a set of patterns like this, but was a little worried that image references would be difficult to find. Once I got home and turned on a computer, though, I found that the Hunger Games Wiki was a wildly useful resource for such a project, making all of this nonsense very possible!

Before I actually post the cross stitch patterns, 24 sprite patterns in 12 image files, there are a few things that I'd like to say about them. First of all, in order to break up some of the monotony of working on these, I used the outfits from the part where they were being interviewed in the Capitol wherever it was possible. If I couldn't find a good reference photo for that, I just made the character's sprite in the outfits that everyone had to wear when they were doing all of the training stuff for the arena. This means that these patterns are full of grey outfits but sprinkled with poofy prom dress types of outfits, so if you'd like to stitch all of these, that should make it a little more interesting. Since most of the named characters got interview outfits, that helps to distinguish them at a glance, too. The other thing I'd like to make note of is that every pattern is labeled with the district number rather than the character names, though those'll be listed in this post where names actually exist. With all that being said, I guess that I'll get on with actually posting the patterns!
Here are the two characters for District 1, Marvel and Glimmer, looking pastel and all of that. This is one of the two pattern sets where both characters got to wear fancy outfits, so I guess that's interesting, especially if you really like stitching guys in robin egg blue suits!
Here are District 2's tributes, Cato and Clove, with Cato in the training outfit because it looked infinitely better than my attempt to sprite the black suit with black details from the interview.
As you may have guessed, the above pattern is for District 3's tributes, who are the first unnamed set! It got a little difficult to make all of the not-featured character patterns, but thanks to some distinct hairstyles, especially on the girls' parts, I think that I made them recognizable enough.
This is District 4's tributes. I think that I am going to get sick of typing about all of these at some point.
Here is District 5, featuring Foxface in her frilly green dress, which is the last pair of sprites with a named character until I hit District 11. There are some hairstyles that I'm very proud of in the next few sets (especially in Districts 7 and 8), but I think that I'll just type the bare minimum under each of them and trust that if you have a wild attachment to any of the characters from these districts, you will find them well!
The pattern above is for District 6, and is followed by...
District 7...

District 8...
District 9...
...and District 10!
Here are the patterns for Thresh and Rue from District 11, at which we enter back into the realm of "characters someone may actually at some point in their lives stitch." I think that Rue ended up being the best pattern of the 24, since her hair and dress took the longest to get right, and though I'm not sure the Thresh pattern is anything remarkable, I did try my best to get him to look correct and do not think that I failed.
To finish the set off, here are District 12's tributes, Katniss and Peeta, who I am guessing several of you scrolled through the rest of the patterns to see. I like how these came out, but am not sure that they're the best of the set. I think that both of them should be fun to stitch, though, so I hope that you guys enjoy making them!

I think that I'm done blogging for now, since it's 12:30 at night and I've been staring at these charts for way too long, but I hope that any Hunger Games fans reading this post like these patterns! It was a lot of fun to make them, and I did my best to make the characters look like themselves on top of an effort to make all of them easy to cross stitch, perler bead, or use for any craft you might want to do. For my own part, I want to make at least a few of these for myself, but if any of you out there decide to stitch any of them, I'd love to see how they turn out!

I plan to be back here with a more normal post soon, but until then, have a good week and good luck with all of your crafts!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome patterns as usual, will be stitching the majority at some point I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you make some patterns of the Battle Royale film, please? That would be really awesome^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, following the "if someone is stitching it, I must watch/read it" rule. now I really need to do something about those Hunger games, lol! XD All the patterns are awesome.
    Oh, and I wanted to say, Tiki from Tiki Stitch and I made something like a private exchange stitching Dork Stitch patterns, and maybe you saw her pretty finishes when I posted them last month. But now my package has finally arrived and I hope to able to show my stitching soon too! So I wanted to say again thanks for all the cute patterns, it was huge fun to browse through all of them, choose, stitch and exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All 12 tributes! Very ambitious! And awesome! They look great. I especially like the patterns of Foxface, Rue, and randomly the girl from 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the sprites! I know nothing about The Hunger Games, but I'm kind of interested now with all of the publicity it's been getting lately. I'm thinking about reading the books before I watch the movie though so I can understand it better.

    I was wondering if you could make a pattern of Squall and Rinoa in their Seed Ball outfits and have them in the same picture like this? I would really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the movie yet but the books are awesome! I will have to see about stitching these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. found you in a old blog hop please follow back.

    ReplyDelete