Sunday, April 22, 2012

IHSW April: A WIP, 13 Pairs of Earrings, and A Finished Page of Sprites

Hello! As many of you already may have read, this past weekend was an International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings. There are a few things that I worked on this weekend, and I plan to write about all of them, but the first that I want to show off is a project that I've had put away for quite a while! At the end of December, I started a cross stitch of a sprite of Noel Vermillion from Blazblue, a fighting game that my brothers and I play quite a lot. At the end of January, I put her away for four months, but on Friday, after playing the game for a while, I decided that it was time to get her back out and start stitching again! It's going to be a fairly big project, at around 315 stitches high and 260 wide, and I'm still on the first page, which is not really that encouraging. I do think that I got a lot of it done this weekend, though, so I hope that I can get back on track working on her. For now, here is how much of the project I have done. Hopefully, I'll finish this page and be able to start a second one this week!
My second project for the weekend was to make some more earrings to take to Stray Cat Art, the store that they're currently being sold from, and I made 13 pairs. While working on these, I listened to three and a half hours of British top 40 radio and watched one of my brothers play Resident Evil 4 for another two and a half hours, which was followed by my other brother playing quite a bit of the aforementioned Blazblue. This didn't really affect how the earrings came out, as far as I can tell, but I felt like I ought to type something there.
Now that I've written about Noel and the earrings, it's time for this post's grand finale in the form of a finished set of cross stitched sprites, from the patterns I keep posting, on a sheet of perforated plastic canvas! I only made one of these this weekend, and that was on Friday night, so even that's a bit iffy. I wanted to post this page when it got finished, though, and now that it's done, it seems like an okay time to put the photo here! If you're curious as to what characters are included here, they're listed by row from left to right underneath the image. Once I get these cut out, I'm hoping to take a photo of all of my standees together, which will be much more difficult to label.
Top Row: Bianca (Pokemon), George and Peppy (The Artist), Vicious (Cowboy Bebop), Sabrina (Pokemon)
Second Row: Revolutionary Girl Utena (her show has the same name as her), Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Light (Death Note), Ash (Pokemon), Princess Fury (from an iPod game of the same name)
Third Row: Aya (Pokemon, one episode of the TV show), Rue (The Hunger Games), Gary Oak (Pokemon), Guile (Chrono Cross), Foxface (The Hunger Games)
Fourth Row: Iori (King of Fighters), Squall and Rinoa (Final Fantasy VIII), Arin (Pangya/Super Swing Golf), Yuri (Art of Fighting/King of Fighters)

Now that all three of my projects for the weekend have been posted and written about, I suppose that I'm done for tonight. I'm hoping to be back soon with some brand new patterns, both in the sprite style and some fancier ones, new photos, and a nifty features post! Until then, I hope that the rest of you had good Stitch and Hermit Weekends and get your weeks off to a good start.

5 comments:

  1. So much increidble work and so little time... and they all look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of stitching done!! Those sprites are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks fabulous, as always! Hope the earrings are selling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy weekend. Love your earrings and the sprites are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noel and the earrings are awesome. The sprites... are BEYOND!!!!

    ReplyDelete