Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Capcom vs. SNK 2 Patterns and the Finished Monkees Project

Hello! Today is the first day of April, so it seemed like it would be as nice a time as any to post here! I'm probably not going to post anything tomorrow, since it'll be my birthday and I sort of imagine that I'll have to wait to hear when a meeting I'm supposed to go to is going to be, and last night, I was going to post, but then Cartoon Network showed Toonami for April Fools Day, so I sat around and watched cartoons and folded a few paper stars. Today, however, nothing is really going on, so I thought that I'd post my next four Capcom vs. SNK 2 sprite patterns and a finished photo of the Monkees logo that I stitched for my sister! Neither thing is overwhelmingly impressive, but I think that both were fun to work on, so I hope that you guys like them, too.

For today's new patterns, I'm sticking with the Capcom vs. SNK 2 stuff (which my brother is playing as I type) mostly because I want to. Like I said before, I have four new sprite patterns for today, but two of them are for characters that I've posted charts of here in the past. Both of them got redone for this project because they have different outfits for different games, which in Cammy's case, is the only reason why I did a new version of her pattern. When it came to King, from Art of Fighting, however, I really hated the first sprite I'd done of her. It was one of the first sprite patterns I made, which I think was a little too obvious. When I redid it, however, I think that I did a much better job, resulting in a pattern of the character that I think people will actually want to make. Hopefully, I can do the same for my sprite of Yuri before I'm done with this set. My other two sprite patterns in the set for today are of Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury, which turned out to be pretty simple and stitches up very quickly (I made him a few months ago) and of Morrigan, from Darkstalkers, who ended up being really detailed and looks like she'll be a lot of fun to stitch. Rather than type even more about this, though, I think that I'll just post the patterns!



The other thing that I wanted to write about for today was the fact that I finished my stitched version of Gatchacaz's (the spiffy writer of Gatchastitch) Monkees logo cross stitch pattern! When I started this project, I thought that it would be a little boring and incredibly time consuming, but it ended up being a lot of fun and took me under a week to finish! The monochrome pattern was great for using variegated floss, which I ended up doing with this, and it had just enough detail to stop it from getting monotonous at all. My sister is coming back from her band trip tonight, so I hope she likes it, but I'm pretty happy with how it ended up. Thank you for posting the pattern, Gatchacaz!

With both of my goals for this blog post met, I think that I'm finished for now, though I'm going to go work on more patterns right away. I hope to post later this week, since it's spring break and I know I won't be subbing, but until then, have a good start to April and good luck with all of your crafts!

6 comments:

  1. Great patterns, I especially like the Morrigan one! Your Monkees project looks awesome too, fabulous job :-) I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    Love the Monkees logo, it came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!
    I like the patterns you posted. The Monkees project looks really cool, your sister will probably love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome hun! I really like just how cool that finished logo is - I'm sure you won't mind me featuring it on my blog!!!

    Also, loving the Morrigan sprite! I love Darkstalkers, I hope you do some more characters for that! :)

    Have a great Birthday too ^__^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all happy birthday! In my time zone I'm still not late to say it, I hope in yours too XD I wish you lots and lots of happiness, and luck, and love and nice crafty things coming your way :)

    And oh my, your needles muct be in fire from stitching so fast, love the finished Monkees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finish!!! Cooooooool guitar. :D

    ReplyDelete