Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Fighting Game Sprite Patterns and a WIP I Dug Out to Work on Tonight

Hello! I don't want to spend too much time typing about today's patterns at the start of this post, since I've made my quest to do one Phantasy Star II based cross stitch pattern for each character in Capcom vs. SNK 2 known in recent posts. It is likely ill-conceived, and the full set might never get stitched by anyone. Regardless of that, however, I have four brand new patterns in the set tonight. Because this set started after I got a request for some Street Fighter sprite patterns, two of them are characters from that, with patterns of Blanka, who's nearly twice the size of a normal sprite pattern, and Vega, who is very detailed, but a little creepy looking. The other two patterns for today are of Kyosuke from Rival Schools, who I was very happy to make, as I love that series of games, and a new version of my pattern of Yuri from Art of Fighting. It's not a new outfit pattern, in her case, but just a less-bad version of the same outfit I made her in before, with much cuter hair. Anyway, here are all four of the patterns, ready to be stitched and pitted against one another in battle!




With those patterns posted, I have a project that I picked up again tonight to show off, even though I hadn't worked on it in over a year. Since I've been working on the Capcom vs. SNK sprite patterns, I've been thinking about a project that I started in late 2009, based on one of the "Hey! You need a color system to play this game!" screens from the Neo Geo Pocket Color version of SNK vs. Capcom. It is a very dorky project, since it is a picture of two fighting game characters sitting around and playing their Neo Geo Pockets, and to add to that, when I was doing the color for this pattern (the original image was in black and white), I even made sure that the system really existed in the color I chose for it. I thought that it was a really nice and pleasant picture, too, though, with lots of detail and the characters involved looking very cute, so I was hopeful that the project would have merits aside from being a cross stitch of Kaede from The Last Blade and Lilith from Darkstalkers sitting around and playing defunct game consoles. I still think that's true, but for some reason, I've never worked on it for more than two days at a time, meaning that, over two years after I started this project, I hardly have any of it done. Hopefully, however, I can actually manage to focus on it for a while, so here, to give you an idea of what I'm stitching, is a picture of the pattern that I'm using.
With that bright and cheerful image up for you to look at, here is the much less impressive and poorly photographed image of what, after two years, I've managed to stitch on it.
As you can probably tell, I have a long way to go with this project, but I plan to keep posting WIP images of it, since I want to actually stick with it and get it finished! For now, however, I'm going to quit blogging, though I hope to be back and posting more nonsense soon! I want to get a new portrait pattern done sometime next week, and more sprite patterns, too, since I have a new ambitious set to work on once this fighting game monstrosity is complete. Until then, however, I hope you are all doing well and having a nice week!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new/old picture! I look forward to your future updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Blanka sprite!

    And your new project is cool too. I have a Neo Geo Pocket, but games were few and far between for it, that I never played it that much :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern you're working on looks GREAT! Love how much detail is in it. @.@

    ReplyDelete