Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A New Clannad Cross Stitch Pattern and Photos of Earrings I Made

Hello, everyone! For tonight's post, I'm mostly going to write about and show some photos of earrings that I've made, but to start things off, I have a new cross stitch pattern for you guys! It's been a while since she was posted, but, earlier this year, I did a portrait pattern of Kyou from Clannad. As soon as I finished it, I wanted to make a matching pattern of her sister, Ryou, but until yesterday, I hadn't gotten around to making it. Yesterday afternoon, however, I sat down, got to pixel editing, and made a pattern of Ryou at the same size and in the same floss colors as Kyou! The image is from Clannad: After Story, which I suppose makes it a bit different, but I'm not very familiar with the anime, so I picked the image I thought was the nicest and went with that. I'm happy with how this pattern came out, so I hope that those of you who are following the set of Clannad patterns like it, too! I still have a lot of characters to go, but if there's anyone in particular that you guys would like to see next, let me know!
With that posted, I want to write about some jewelry that I've been making for quite a while now, since I'm pretty excited about it lately! I've been using small origami cranes and stars to make earrings that are big, but lightweight and surprisingly durable, and last fall, I did fairly well selling them at a couple of craft events. Earlier this week, however, I was contacted about selling them at Stray Cat Art, a store that focuses on selling work by local artists. Today, I took a bunch of pairs in to see if things work out, which I'm generally hopeful about, as the woman who runs the store seemed to be, too, (she even recommended prices and display options based on what had worked for other artists in the past, which I really appreciated) but I also wanted to post some photos of them, mounted in my business cards and displayed in picture frames backed with plastic canvas, just to show off a bit As always, my photography is pretty terrible, so don't worry! These earrings don't look nearly as blurry and grainy in real life as they do here. I have a lot of fun making them, though, so I hope the the fact that these earrings do actually look like something comes across. I plan to make several more pairs, all of them unique, in the next few days, too, so I'm also hoping to post some photos of those.
Now that I'm done writing about all of that stuff, I think that it's time for bed, but I'll be back and posting again very soon! My next post will probably have sprite patterns in it (including the ones I've been stitching for the last week and a half), but there are a lot of new portrait patterns that I'd like to make, too, so those won't be too far off. I hope that you're all having good evenings and wish you luck with all of your current and upcoming craft projects!

5 comments:

  1. The pattern looks great and your earrings too! You can fold origami cranes?! I've always wanted to know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi-have been reading your blog over a year (I'm subbed to you on fb too), but this is my first comment. =D I'm not much of a gamer (unlike most of my friends--I have two Gameboys, and that's it ), but anime is a bigbig part of my life--and I love the things you come up with--your patterns are some of the very best I've seen. Going to try Pikachu soon. I'm going to bug you about a Totoro one soon. I've been doing origami since I'm little, and have made thousands of cranes (if I were to even *try* and guess, I'd say at least 10,000-but even that sounds iffy lol)--I made almost 700 for the Students Rebuild Japan project a few months ago...but have never been able to make the earrings right. I even tried spraying clear paint to make them more durable, but it didn't work too well--just made them crack. I would like to get a better look at yours, if you ever take any other pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your earrings look super cool. And the pattern looks GREAT! Love the outfit you chose to have her in. Very awesome. :D Can't wait to stitch her next to my Kyou one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congrats on the Stray Cat Art outlet!!! :D The earrings are DARLING!!! Now, I finally get to see what they look like. I hope you sell lots and lots and LOTS. :D

    ReplyDelete