Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An Old Fashioned Cross Stitch Pattern of Chell From Portal

Hello! My post for tonight will not be very long, since I'm sort of falling asleep at the keyboard, but I finally test stitched a pattern that I drew in June of last year and wanted to share the chart with you guys. It isn't terribly exciting or detailed so much as it's an "ooh, look at this fun new doll!" sort of pattern, but since I wasn't feeling great last night or this morning, I sort of needed a project like that to work on for a while. Anyway, last summer, I was looking at Portal cross stitch patterns and noticed that, even though she's the player character, Chell wasn't in any of them, at least that I could find. (This isn't to say that the patterns I found weren't really spiffy, as I still have many of them, as well as some that I've found since then, saved to someday stitch.) Since I like stitching video game characters on plastic canvas and sticking them to the wall with push pins, I got out my graph paper notebook, some printouts of old DMC cross stitch charts from Antique Pattern Library, and the box to Portal 2 and set about making an old-fashioned sort of pattern of Chell that I could use for that purpose. I was pretty happy with how it came out, but for some reason, it took me until now to stitch it, which I guess is sort of odd. Now that I've stitched her and know that my pattern works, however, I have the pattern ready to post here!
I don't have too much to say about this chart, other than that you might want to add some extra backstitching around her portal gun and boots if you stitch her on white Aida cloth. Since I used it for plastic canvas and craft thread, though, I didn't end up having to do that. Here is a photo of my version of her, all cut out and flying around the corners of the graph paper notebook I first drew her in! I think that it would be fun to eventually stitch her, and maybe perler bead her, too, in a bunch of different colors and have portals pinned up all over the house, but for now, this is what I have.
Even though this took me a lot longer than it should have to stitch, I have worked a bit on my cross stitch of Noel from Blazblue, too, and finished my first page of the pattern! It still isn't a huge chunk of what the final project will be, but I got to start a second page that, since it's very light on actual stitching, should be done quickly! Here is what I currently have finished of my latest fighting game sprite project.
I think that I'm done blogging for tonight, but hopefully, I'll be posting again soon with some more new patterns! Have a nice day and do well with whatever projects you're working on!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your Portal pattern! Excited about making it on plastic canvas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHA, LOVE IT!!!! It's hilarious.

    Noel's looking soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete