Sunday, May 13, 2012

All Sorts of Mysteries Are Afoot

Hello! Even though there's no real reason for it, it's been over a week since I last posted here, so I thought that I should actually do something today. Because of that, I have two new sprite patterns for you and a photo of a needlepoint I did, both of which are very mysterious. Since I usually put the patterns first in these posts, I'll do that again today, with new sprite cross stitch charts of Sherlock and Watson, from the TV series that's running on PBS right now. (I would have done ones to match the books, but when I was in 1890s literature class, I remember slogging through the Sherlock Holmes stories like they were irrelevant historical documents rather than actually enjoying them while everyone else in the class was like, "Oh, we're finally doing something readable!" I liked a lot of the stuff everyone else in there was annoyed at having to read, though, so I guess it had to happen with something. However, I quite enjoy the TV show.) I realize that today's patterns are just another case of, "I've been watchin' this on TV, so I decided that it needed to be cross stitched, too," but it was fun to try and make the patterns actually look like Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, even if I was much more successful in one case than the other, and I know that there are others reading this blog that enjoy the program, too. Plus, on the TV show, Watson puts all of their cases on a blog, so really, this is a very reasonable thing to do. Regardless of why I made these new patterns, however, here they are, ready for you to stitch or perler bead or whatever you want to do with them! I hope you like them.
With that posted, I have a new finished project photo, of a needlepoint that I made for my mom as a Mother's Day gift. It's of Luke from the Professor Layton games, to go with one of Professor Layton himself that I stitched quite a while ago, and it was pretty fun to make. I got all of the colors slightly off, since there aren't all that many shades of craft thread readily available, giving Luke a slightly bootlegged look. I didn't think it came out too badly, but when I gave it to her, my mom said that she hated me and never wanted to see my stinking face again, so I guess I should have tried harder to match those colors. (That didn't really happen. Actually, she seemed happy with it.) If you'd like to make this, too, the pattern can be found on Tatie Grenouille's blog, alongside matching cross stitch charts of Layton and Flora. My version of it was done with cheap craft thread on 10-count plastic canvas.
I think that I'm done blogging for today, but I'm almost done with a slightly more extensive project, so I should be back to post more patterns and type way too much rubbish about that soon! Until then, have a good start to your week and good luck with whatever craft projects you're currently working on!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God!!! Thank you thank you for the Sherlock and Watson pattern!!! I so love this show. It's airing here on Mondays and I've already seen all the episodes so now I have to wait for forever for the next season. The patterns are adorable and now I'm even more in love with Sherlock's scarf <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have printed these guys off-- I will stitch them sometime this week. I might have to stitch them twice. I will have to make a bookmark for hubby and another one for my son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been completely obsessed with Sherlock for the last couple weeks, so I am absolutely thrilled that you made these patterns. I might have to make them twice as well. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the Sherlock series! I think you did a great job on them too, they look like the characters to me :-) And excellent work on your present for your mom, he looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Professor Layton's apprentice! Can you please post the pattern? Have you got a Professor Layton pattern as well? I love Professor Layton and Luke...and Emmy! Do you have her pattern as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you could make a pattern of Winry Rockbell from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh and possibly Renee (Zakuro)from Tokyo Mew Mew. I have been wanting to put in a request for these patterns for a while but just moved to a new house and just recently got the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous luke stitching :D I LOVE that game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Sherlock sprites! The TV series was absolutely fantastic (we had it back in January here in the UK). I love the modern twist to the stories, and I hope we don't have to wait too long for series 3!!!

    ReplyDelete