Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Manka's Mini Mystery SAL- Part One

Hello! Today, my post here will not be very long, and it won't have any new patterns, either, though I'm hoping to have some of those tonight or tomorrow. Recently, however, I've been participating in a mini stitch-along project, hosted by Manka at Himezzunk Kozosen, which actually has many more accent marks than I just typed it with. The pattern is in two parts, and in order to get the second half, you have to post your stitching of the first on your blog. Since I finished with that part of it this morning, it seemed pretty reasonable to post about it now.

The pattern for the SAL is a really pretty Hungarian folk art design which can be done in monochrome or full color or any way you want. For my version of it, I got out some black 14 count Aida cloth and the bag of fake tie-dyed embroidery floss that I got at Hobby Lobby and used the whole thing as an excuse to play with the tie-dyed floss some more. For the first part of it, I picked a yellow, orange and pink thread, which I thought was nifty, and I might switch threads for the second half. So far, though, it's been very nice to work on and, at least in my opinion, has come out well, so here is my photo of what I have done!
For now, this is all I have, but I'm hoping to do another, more normal post very soon. I have two new patterns done and ready to go in the Capcom vs. SNK 2 sprite patterns set, featuring E. Honda and Raiden, and I'm hoping to make a couple more of those for my next patterns post, too, so the other characters included will be more mysterious. Until then, however, I hope you're having a nice week and good luck with your own craft projects!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this "less normal post" :), I appreciate it .
    Manka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! I like your un-normal posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Mystery SAL so far! Love the colors you chose and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of it looks like :-)

    ReplyDelete