Sunday, June 17, 2012

IHSW June and Some Fun Blog Contact Information

Hello, everyone! As you can probably tell from my post's title, tonight I'm going to be writing about this month's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze of Random Ramblings, but before I go on with that, I have something else to say! In the past couple of weeks, I've been asked questions and stuff like that in the comments on my posts, but, unfortunately, I usually don't have any way to contact you guys in return! Though I can hit reply to a comment and directly e-mail some people, that doesn't always work, and I have very little idea why this is the case one way or the other. If you'd like to contact me directly with a question, however, I have just remember that, thanks to the lovely Chris at the other Dork Stitch, I have a spiffy specialty e-mail address at missy-tannenbaum(at)dorkstitch.com! I hadn't logged into this address for ages, and, somewhat inexplicably, I had nearly a thousand spam messages in my inbox, the majority of which were from Chili's. Since I can't remember ever eating at Chili's, although I've been told that I did when I was little, this confuses me. It is a nice e-mail address, though, and I'll check it regularly both for correspondence relating to this blog and coupons for ribs from a restaurant at which I don't eat.

Also, the Facebook page for this blog, which now has a handy, possible to remember web address (it's http://www.facebook.com/dorkstitchblogspot - isn't that nice?), is also a good place where I can reply to comments and questions, though I completely understand if you are irritated by Facebook and want to avoid that avenue. I can also respond if an e-mail address is left with the comment, but if you do that, you should understand that you also run the risk of attracting the attention of the spam overlords at Chili's, so it is a risky endeavor.

Anyway, with all of that boring crud out of the way, it's time to post the stuff I made this weekend! If you count only Saturday and Sunday as IHSW, I did not get much done at all, though I did fold up a bunch of origami stuff and do extensive television watching. If you also count Thursday night and Friday, however, I finished stitching seven of my sprite patterns of tributes from The Hunger Games, which is what I did those days, and outlined the patterns for three characters from Sailor Moon, which is what I did during the real weekend. My photo for the weekend has more than that on it, since I haven't cut anything out yet, but the entire top row and the entire bottom row are both the recent work of which I've been typing! (The stuff inbetween is nifty, too, though, especially the Pangya sprites that I finished. It doesn't show up here, but Cecilia, Hana, and Lucia, in the fourth row from the bottom, all are done with copious amounts of glitter floss. Rock Howard, who is right next to them, is also wearing a beautiful red glitter coat, which I think he'd appreciate. It would certainly make him stand out in a fighting tournament.) This photo was taken at night and under a lamp, so some may say that the image is poorly lit, but I have decided that it is instead atmospheric, which sounds much lovelier.
Now that I've covered the stuff in my blog post title, I'm done for today, but I should be back soon with more stuff covered by different blog post titles! Until then, good luck with your craft projects and have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Love these sprites!! Great stitching over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you so some patterns from the new Pokemon Conquest game, possibly with their Pokemon partners? I could send you a link of them if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great stitching weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete