Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tulipant's Heritage SAL

Hello! I mentioned last night that I was hoping to finish the mini stitch-along that I was working on today, hosted, once again, by Manka at Himezzunk kozosen! Even though my focus today was awful and involved far more Temple Run than it did cross stitching, I managed to get it finished and ready for tonight's blogging! Just like in the last SAL, I really enjoyed stitching this pattern. The motif of the couple surrounded by flowers was very pretty, and it's really cool that the pattern for it was a reproduction of a piece that Tulipant (another blogger who has a photo-filled blog found here) inherited from her grandmother. Anyway, here is my finished cross stitching of the pattern, with one major error that I'm not sure shows up when it's not in a side-by-side comparison with the chart!

I wanted this to be a small scale project, since I took it with to work while I waited at a hair salon, so I stitched it on a scrap of fabric that I think was 18-count Aida, with one DMC and one generic embroidery floss. I thought that the two shades of green looked pretty together, so that's why I went with that, and in the end, I think that it worked out. It came out to be quite small, but I, at least, think that it's spiffy looking, and was glad to participate in another of Manka's Hungarian folk art SALs!

I plan to post again within the next few days, with new patterns and all of that, but, until then, have a good start to your week!

1 comment: