Friday, June 8, 2012

What I Do When I've Stitched My Sprite Patterns

Hello! I don't have much to write about in this post, but today, I cut out twelve of the sprite patterns from this blog that I cross stitched and then took some photos of all of the ones I have cut out so far. It's a fairly pointless endeavor, but I stitch all of the sprite patterns on plastic canvas so that I can cut them out like cardboard standees from a Happy Meal box, or like the ones that used to come in anime DVDs. I've given quite a few of the ones I've made so far away, but I still had 81 of them to display for today's photos. Eventually, I'd like to have so many of them that a picture of all of these looks like a Smash Bros. trophy collection. I'm not quite there yet, but since I still have more of them to cut out and don't plan to quit stitching them anytime soon, I think it's an attainable goal! Here is my best photograph 81 of my cross stitched sprite patterns carefully balanced on stacks of PS2 game cases.
As you can probably tell from this image, some of them need to be flattened out between the pages of giant books, especially in the Robotech set near the bottom on the right, but for the most part, I've had pretty good luck with these! They're sort of organized by subject matter, but the display order is still pretty scattered. Still, I think that this photo came out well enough to post. I didn't want to set everything up and only take one picture, though, so if you'd like a better or blurrier look at any of the cross stitched standees, here are three more photos!

These are the close-ups of each side, which really show off the bendy-ness of a few of the standees as well as my stunning ability to take a fuzzy photo of a subject that can't move! They do give a better view of the individual cross stitches, though, which seems good enough. In the second one, though, the entire first row looks ready to tip over and I'm not sure why. That wasn't actually a problem with them, so I must have had the camera at a weird angle.
Here is the stunning panoramic view of the set, which I would have used as the first picture if the ones in back were actually visible. I think that it looks sort of cool, though, so that's why it ended up here. Stunning information, isn't it?

That's all I really wanted to write about for today, but I should have some more new patterns to post here pretty soon! Until then, have a nice weekend and good luck with your craft projects!

5 comments:

  1. Ah this is amazing! They look fab when they're all together, almost like a game of Guess Who! Just goes to show how much time and effort you put into making these x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of patterns! Good luck on your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so cool all together like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, you have stiched a lot of them.
    Are those dancing Squall and Rinoa? I like to stich them, are there posted in the blog? I am going to look for them

    ReplyDelete