Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Cross Stitch Pattern of Link's Little Sister in a Lovely Burnt Orange

Hello! I mentioned that I had this done during my last post here, but for today, I have a new pattern in my set of monochrome Legend of Zelda cross stitch charts, featuring Link's little sister, Aryll! I'm sure many of you reading will be just heartbroken to hear this, but before I made the pattern for Aryll, I'd set out to make one of Tingle, but ended up doing very badly at it and decided to go with a different character, at least for now. It's a terrible shame to come here and say that the pattern for today is of a cute and charming character rather than a slightly disturbing one that many people have an intense hatred for, but that's just the way things have worked out for the time being. If you are a fan of Tingle, I plan to give it another shot in the near future, after I make a few more of these, but for now, I hope that the rest of you enjoy this pattern! It was made at the same size as Link, Zelda, and Medli, at 135 stitches tall, so it should fit in nicely with any sets of finished projects that it may end up being a part of, and, as always, any color you'd like to use should work well for this pattern, unless you're trying to stitch her with white floss on white fabric, in which case your stitching may be sort of hard to see.
I really like working on the patterns in this set, so Aryll won't be the last one in it. I've talked (or e-mailed, more accurately) about it to Cross Stitch Ninja, who can be found at her lovely blog A Bit of This, a Bit of That, and the next chart will probably be of Tetra, but there should be a few more after that, too.

With my own stitching, I don't have too much to talk about, since all I've done was make a couple of standees, but I'm almost done with a new sheet of them, so I'll have a picture of that in a few days. I did get a piece of bright red 11-count Aida cloth at Goodwill today and don't quite know what to do with it, so I might have some sort of weird work in progress photos of something red soon, too.

I still have three requested sprite patterns in reserve and ready to go, so I should be posting those in the next couple of days, but, until then, I hope you guys are doing well with all of your crafty stuff!

3 comments: