Sunday, July 22, 2012

IHSW July: Sprite Patterns and an Emu

Hello! I'm doing this post a little earlier than I normally would, but tonight is the last bit of another International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joyzse of Random Ramblings! It wasn't my most productive weekend for stitching ever, so this post won't be too long, but, since Friday, I've finished four of my sprite patterns and drawn a picture of a girl riding an emu, so I do have something for this post.

Friday was my best day for stitching, since I finished two sprites that day, and did most of a third one, too. I think the fact that I started one of them over a week ago and then made an easy one second had more to do with that than anything, but it's still not too bad. Here are Friday's stitched sprite patterns, with Max Fischer from Rushmore on the left and Cilan from Pokemon on the left. I don't know how well they match, but I think they both came out nicely.

On Saturday, I didn't do too badly, either, and spent a lot of the afternoon working on a cartoony drawing of a girl riding an emu. It's not great art or anything, but it was fun to work on, so I figured I'd post here along with my weekend stitching. The emu looks a little mean, I guess, but I wouldn't be thrilled about the situation, either, so I think its anger is justifiable. I'm hoping to color this eventually!
I also finished another sprite on Saturday, using a pattern of Kooh from Pangya that I made over a year ago. She usually has black hair, but when I started to stitch that, her eyes started to look like really extreme bangs, so I ripped that out and used magenta instead. You can get that hair color in the game, so I guess that counts for some sort of accuracy, but really, it just got used because it seemed like a slightly better option than bubblegum pink with the light blue dress.
Today, to finish off Hermit and Stitch Weekend, I stitched a sprite pattern of Korean pop star Lee Hyori. I made the pattern when I first started with all of the Phantasy Star II stuff, to see if I could get a fake tan color to work in Pattern Maker, but wasn't able to convey it too well with embroidery floss today. I do think I got her bleached hair right, though, so the shallow pop singer look still worked out! Here is the last of my sprites for the weekend.
With that, I'm done for the night, though I'm probably going to try to do some more crafty stuff during True Blood and The Newsroom. For now, though, I'm going to go assemble a few more sprite patterns so that I can post them soon! Have a good end to your weekends, and nice next weeks, too!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent sprites! Do you think DMC 738 would work as "tanned" skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I just found your blog. I love your sprites! If you have time, I would love it if you could check out my blog.

    ~McKenna
    http://chiccrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great weekend - very nice finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sprites are adorable! And I really like that emu :D

    ReplyDelete