Tuesday, September 18, 2012

IHSW September: A Blackwork Pokemon

Hello! I am way behind on posting patterns here, despite the fact that I have 29 sprite patterns that I've finished and am ready to chart, on top of some other stuff that's almost ready to go and sprites that I've yet to design. I'm hoping to get at least a few of the patterns posted this weekend, but during the week, I've been getting tons of work with substitute teaching, so I probably won't post any before then. I've been working on a lot of request patterns/surprise charts that you may not actually want, though, so I'm looking forward to that post!

For today, I'm posting a late summary of my IHSW progress, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings. As far as cross stitching goes, I've been working on stitching a lot of tiny kits lately, which is a lot of fun. I did an update on those not too long ago, and since then, I was inspired by Doctor Who to pick up a dinosaur kit to work on, which has also been pleasant. For the weekend, however, I stitched one of the blackwork Pokemon from Gatchastitch, which is a nifty blog that I've mentioned here several times before. I do have plenty of enthusiasm for my kit stitching project, but it was heavily outweighed by my desire to stitch her new blackwork Bellossom pattern. I'd never stitched an in-color blackwork pattern before, so I thought I'd screw it up badly, but it turned out to be really pretty and interesting to stitch. The yellowest of all the greens is probably a little too light, but, at least in person, it's pretty visible. Plus, I stitched it on 14-count plastic canvas, so I can make a really, really fancy standee out of her. Here it is!
Now that I'm done with that, I'm done blogging, but I think I'll be back and posting again soon. Thanks for reading, and have a nice week!