Friday, December 14, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 14: Adventure Time Royalty and a Christmas Ornament

Hello! I had tonight's patterns done a couple of hours ago, but I just couldn't work up the same excitement for them that I could for Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln. I hope that some of you guys like tonight's patterns of some Adventure Time royalty just as much as you liked yesterday's patterns of a former American first family! I made them because I was watching Adventure Time to ignore the planet and needed something to do as I was watching it. Since Princess Bubblegum and the Flame Princess were in the episode I was watching, I made patterns of them, and then I made one of Marceline because it seemed like at that point, I ought to make one of her. (I have a fantastic sprite pattern of Lumpy Space Princess, too, but I need to transfer her from one of my graph paper books to the computer, so she doesn't get to be posted today. I can put her up very soon if you guys want her, though!)

I am unreasonably excited about these patterns, so they may end up being a good part of my International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (which is hosted by Joyze at Random Ramblings!). Flame Princess may actually be a challenge to stitch, since she's the first sprite pattern to have a multicolored outline rather than a black one. She looks cool, so I thought it would be interesting to try and get my pattern to match the way she's drawn on Adventure Time rather than just like a normal sprite pattern. I think it worked all right, so I'm excited about making her. Marceline and Princess Bubblegum look pretty normal, so there's nothing much to say about them. All of them should be appropriate for any craft you want to use them for, though, so I hope you like them!


Now that my patterns are posted, here is a photo of a Christmas ornament that I made! The pattern came from an awesome Scandavian cross stitch pattern flier that I got at Goodwill, titled Jul med Dansk Blomstergarn. I used the charming motif as an excuse to stitch with some nifty variegated floss, then sewed it into felt and trimmed it with a ribbon from Enjoy Cross Stitch, which my mom got me as a lovely surprise earlier this week! My photo is blurry, but this ornament is currently lookin' spiffier on the Christmas tree than it does here, on top of a pile of McDonald's coffee coupons and scraps of embroidery floss.
I am done for now, but will be back tomorrow, though I have no idea what I'll be posting yet. Hopefully, though, I'll come up with something. Good luck with your stitching this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are so very, VERY cute! Lurv! And your ornie is fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete