Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 22: Oh My Glob

Hello! Soon, I need to get my scanner out so that I can show off some of the stuff I've been stitching, preferably tomorrow or the next day. I am typing that in the hopes that it will make me remember what I need to do, but, in all likelihood, it will not work. Regardless of that, however, I have a shiny new pattern for today, which can be made even shinier if you use shiny embroidery floss with which to cross stitch her! It features Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time, and, since I drew the pattern a while ago, I mentioned it earlier this month. I just finished stitching her, though, so now that I know it doesn't look weird and terrible when it's finished, I feel okay about posting the chart.

This pattern is kind of weird because I wanted it to match the Phantasy Star II style sprites, but, as Lumpy Space Princess is a big blob, it was a bit difficult to make that work out very well. I think that in the end, it came out decently, since I got the two pixel tall eyes to work, but in terms of scale, she might be a bit large. Despite the extra stitches that this incurs, however, she should be pretty fast to stitch, considering that she only requires three colors. I'm not sure that she's the most exciting sprite ever to stitch, but it's not that bad, either, so I hope that you guys like the pattern!
I am not entirely sure that I typed that post in English, and may have spent a lot of time as I typed it downloading books from Project Gutenberg, so I am done for now. I will hopefully be posting some cool stuff tomorrow, though, so until then, I hope you guys have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment