Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 23: Some King of Fighters (and Fatal Fury, if you want to get all technical) Stuff

Hello! Today's post is sort of a win-win for me, as I've fulfilled two sprite pattern requests, but have also made two new patterns of characters from SNK fighting games. One of them, Geese Howard, is a pretty popular character, at least as far as I can tell. It was a little bit difficult for me to choose which version of Geese I was going to make for this post, since there's the standard Geese, with the white top and red giant pants (I know there's a better term for them than that, but I like 'giant pants' as well as anything), the one with the weird yellow and red striped pants, and the one from Art of Fighting with the long hair and business attire. I ended up going with the white and red version of Geese, but I'll probably make the others in the future. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but I have over a dozen patterns for Athena, so it wouldn't be the least productive thing I'd ever done. Here is the pattern of Geese!
The second SNK fighter for tonight is Angel, a character that I have to admit I almost always forget about. I don't have much against her, though I have serious questions about her outfit. Since she was in King of Fighters 2001, though, which was a game that I didn't like that well and that came in a box with King of Fighters 2000, which is one of my favorites, I'm not sure that I've played as her more than a few times. Making her was a decent challenge, though, and I'm happy with how she ended up looking! The hair in the face looked weird at first, but I think I got it to work out, and it was interesting to try and find two blues that worked together well for her outfit, too. Making Angel's pattern really made me want to make one for May Lee, though, so I'll probably be subjecting you guys to that sometime in the near future. For now, though, here is Angel!
I feel like a lot of my post for tonight was really specific nerd gibberish, but since that happens a lot on here, I don't feel too bad about it. I'll be on a different topic tomorrow, with a couple more requested patterns, so I hope that it goes just as well! Until then, have a nice Christmas Eve and good luck with any of your last minute holiday preparations!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, it's been so long since I last popped here. All of your new patterns look awesome! Have a great Christmas eve as well! :D

    ReplyDelete