Monday, December 24, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 24: Island Tribe

Hello! I am actually decently prepared for my next few days of blogging, so I'm doing my Christmas Eve post a little bit early. As I'm sure many of you expected, for today, I have two brand new cross stitch patterns of characters from the time-management game Island Tribe! Though I say that sarcastically, I know that at least one reader knew about this, since she requested them, but I'm not sure anyone else saw it coming. Until this weekend, I did not know what Island Tribe was, but, after I heard about it from Tama, I downloaded the first game in the series from iWin, which lets you play tons of casual games for free if you're willing to put up with their irritating and half-functional ads after every level. I then proceeded to spend a lot of time that I could have been spending stitching or working on patterns playing it, which was fairly enjoyable. In the end, however, I ended up with some sprite patterns of the game's generic male and female characters, so my goal was met!

Before I post these, I have a couple of things to say about the patterns, but neither really matters. First of all, since the characters in Island Tribe are small and round, I made these patterns shorter than the standard sprite patterns, to try and make them look more like they do in the game. The other thing is that, though the guy looks exactly the same in every game, the girl had quite a few different designs. I ended up going with one from Island Tribe 3, since she had a cute hat there, but since the differences aren't huge, it shouldn't matter too much. Here are today's new cross stitch patterns!

Now that I have those posted, I'm done for today, but I know what I'm posting tomorrow and am actually pretty excited about it! I have two different patterns of the same character to post, but, since he's the character most often requested as a sprite pattern, I don't imagine it'll be a problem. I'm off for now, but until my next post, have a Merry Christmas or a more general happy holiday season!

1 comment: