Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 4: Tekken Characters With Masks On

Hello! I have to admit that tonight, I do not have anything as weird as yesterday's pattern of Denzel Washington to post. Today, however, I do have the start of one of my two sprite-based cross stitch pattern sets for the month, which features every playable character from the Playstation port of the first Tekken game! If you just read that and felt a vague sense of concern, please keep in mind that my second set of patterns for the month, featuring the cast of an early to mid-90s anime, is one that I think will be a bit more popular. I could be totally wrong about this, either overestimating the anime or underestimating the game, but I'm looking forward to posting that set, too.

Since this set of Tekken patterns includes 18 characters, I probably won't post all of them in a row, since that seems to me like it would be a lot of Tekken, even by my standards. For tonight, however, I have the first four patterns in the set! I was having a little bit of trouble deciding how to group the patterns for posts, since I didn't want to waste all of the popular or cool characters in the first post or two that featured them. After some deliberation, though, I decided that it would be a good idea to just post all of the characters with masks. The means that tonight's characters are Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, King, and Armor King. Yoshimitsu's character design in the first Tekken is very different from how it looks in later games, though I still think that the pattern came out well. I did cheat a bit and use Kunimitsu's character design from Tekken 2 and Tag Tournament, though, since it made her look slightly less terrifying, but the rest of the characters' patterns are based on the first game. (I'm sure that you were all very worried about that.) With all of that out of the way, I don't foresee any problems that stitching these might cause, so here are today's patterns!





I'm done for today, and, like yesterday, am not quite sure what I'll post tomorrow. Regardless of what patterns I'll be posting, though, I'm looking forward to day 5 of Sprite Patterns December! Have a nice evening and a very good tomorrow! I'll be subbing for junior high social studies classes, so, if nothing else, my tomorrow will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment