Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 9: Neo Geo Battle Coliseum!

Hello! I'm not sure about the excitement level of the patterns I have for tonight, though I personally am very excited to have some Neo Geo Battle Coliseum characters sprited and ready to stitch, so I figured it would be okay to start this post by showing off some stuff I've been working on for Pokemon League! Once in a while, I have trouble getting the prizes from Nintendo in for league, or with getting enough of them for everyone. Because of that, I'm trying to implement a backup plan that involves a game board, which I am looking forward to making, and some perler bead badges. Thanks to Gatchacaz, who has an awesome blog (found right here) and made cross stitch patterns for every single gym bag, I was able to sit around for several hours tonight and make these! Since no one will be winning the badges tomorrow night, I wasn't worried about making too many of them yet. I did, however, finish four Boulder Badges, two Volcano Badges, two Cascade Badges, and two Soul Badges. Gatchacaz's original patterns have niftier colors than these do (you can tell I messed around with them to see what would look best from badge to badge), but since I was using perler beads, I was a little more limited than I would have been with embroidery floss. Still, I'm really happy with how these came out and hope that the kids at league like them! I'm looking forward to making more of them, too.
Now that I've written about that, I have today's patterns, which feature Yuki and Ai from the fighting game Neo Geo Battle Coliseum! Since they're both characters exclusive to an SNK fighter that I'm not sure many people played, I realize that they may have a slightly limited appeal, but I think both of the patterns came out well enough. I've stitched Yuki, so I know that his pattern works well, but for all I know, if you stitch Ai, a witch will come to your house and punch you in the gut. I should be able to report back on that before too long, though, so for now, here are the patterns!

I am done now, but will be back tomorrow! I hope that you have a decent Monday and do well with your crafting stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Your pearler bead badges are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the perler bead Pokemon badges look spiffy hun! Thanks for sharing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete