Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IHSW January 2013 & My Second Finish of the Year

Hello! My brain has been really fried lately, so I haven't been as good about posting patterns as I'd like to be. Since a lovely 3-day International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings, just ended, however, I have a tiny photos post for tonight! This weekend, I started a new project, which is a charming, subtle piece featuring a princess riding a magical unicorn. Since this piece clearly called for things to be shiny, I'm using a lot of satin floss, which makes it sort of slow to stitch. I think that it's going to be really cool when it's finished, though, so it's not hard to keep going. Here is the first WIP photo of my lovely princess and unicorn piece, with the pattern taken from the 1975 Ondori book Cross Stitch Designs. So far, it's blurry and doesn't look like much, but that's how everything starts, especially with my stunning photography skills.
Speaking of both Ondori and my bad photos, I finished my second project of 2013 the Wednesday before last! It's been a while since I got it done, but here is my finished version of Bicycle Parade, a sample pattern that was in Ondori's World of Cross Stitch, which, if I remember right, is from 1983. This was really fun to make, and pretty fast, too, even though I can't remember how long ago I started it. I actually got a decent photo of the project, though, so here is the picture of the sampler I made!
I am done for tonight, but I'm hoping to post again soon, hopefully with a little more content! Until then, thank you for reading, and have a nice week!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Neopets Pattern

Hello! This isn't going to be too wild or exciting of a post, which I know will be a disappointment for all of you who read this blog for its white knuckle action sequences. I do have a new Neopets pattern for today, though, featuring Gelert, as was requested/mentioned in the comments of the Shoyru post by Queen Petra. (Her nifty blog can be found here!) I did this pattern the same way that I did the pattern of Shoyru, so it is not going to be too difficult to stitch. It uses colors that would have been in an NES game, despite the fact that the finished image would not be functional for such a purpose, which makes the colors easy to switch if you woulld rather have a red or yellow Gelert, or something like that. It also guarantees that, if you like stitching sets of stuff, it'll match Shoyru pretty well.
I don't think that my next post will have another Neopets pattern, though I do have another one almost ready to go. If there are any characters that any of you would like to see, let me know, since this has been a fun set to work on so far, even if I'm not sure that I'll do patterns for every last one of them. There are a lot of other things that I want to make patterns for, too, though, so I'll have more stuff pretty soon! Until then, have a nice day, and good luck with whatever you're stitching or beading or anything like that!

Monday, January 7, 2013

My First Finished Project of 2013

Hello! I will have new patterns to post very soon, since I have quite a few that I just need to make and format nice charts for in order to put them here. For now, however, I thought that it might be sort of fun to post about my bigger finished projects, by which I pretty much just mean not my standees, on this blog rather than posting some photos and forgetting about a lot of the stuff that I've made. I am not off to such a good start on that front, since I finished the project that I'm posting today last Thursday. Since then, though, I haven't actually finished anything else, so I think that I'm still in okay shape.

During sprite patterns December, I posted a WIP photo of this, so it's not a complete mystery project, but I finished another monochrome Legend of Zelda pattern! This project, which depicts Princess Zelda firing off an arrow, since that's the in thing to do, is from a pattern that I made and posted here last year, and was stitched onto 14-count ivory Aida cloth that I found at a thrift store with 2 skeins of glittery brown Artiste embroidery floss. The border, which I stitched in copper DMC glitter floss and chose because it looked vaguely Triforce-ish, is sort of from Quick and Clever Cross Stitch by Helen Philipps, but I added some spaces to it, too, since that seemed nifty. The glittery-ness of this project doesn't show up in the picture I got, but since it's not overwhelmingly sparkly, at least not with the floss I stitched Zelda in, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
Right now, I'm working on a sampler from an Ondori cross stitch book from the early 1980s, so I hope to have that done within the next few days. Before that, however, I should have another pattern posted, so things won't get too repetitive! Until then, I hope that you've had a nice start to your 2013 and are doing well with your crafts so far.