Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IHSW January 2013 & My Second Finish of the Year

Hello! My brain has been really fried lately, so I haven't been as good about posting patterns as I'd like to be. Since a lovely 3-day International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, as hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings, just ended, however, I have a tiny photos post for tonight! This weekend, I started a new project, which is a charming, subtle piece featuring a princess riding a magical unicorn. Since this piece clearly called for things to be shiny, I'm using a lot of satin floss, which makes it sort of slow to stitch. I think that it's going to be really cool when it's finished, though, so it's not hard to keep going. Here is the first WIP photo of my lovely princess and unicorn piece, with the pattern taken from the 1975 Ondori book Cross Stitch Designs. So far, it's blurry and doesn't look like much, but that's how everything starts, especially with my stunning photography skills.
Speaking of both Ondori and my bad photos, I finished my second project of 2013 the Wednesday before last! It's been a while since I got it done, but here is my finished version of Bicycle Parade, a sample pattern that was in Ondori's World of Cross Stitch, which, if I remember right, is from 1983. This was really fun to make, and pretty fast, too, even though I can't remember how long ago I started it. I actually got a decent photo of the project, though, so here is the picture of the sampler I made!
I am done for tonight, but I'm hoping to post again soon, hopefully with a little more content! Until then, thank you for reading, and have a nice week!

5 comments:

  1. Great start on your princess. And that is a lovely finish - I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress, cant wait to see more! and the finish is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress and awesome finish! I so love the colours of both!

    ReplyDelete