Friday, June 14, 2013

Tiny Cross Stitched Pikmin Patterns

Hello! I spent the first part of this week watching and reading coverage of Nintendo at E3, so I got all excited about making Nintendo themed cross stitch patterns. Unfortunately, I don't have Wii Fit Trainer for you guys today, though she will get a sprite pattern soon, but I have made a set of Pikmin patterns! I don't like the Pikmin games at all, since I think they're stressful and depressing, but I do like the Pikmin themselves, meaning that cross stitching them seemed much better than actually getting out the Game Cube game to play it.

Even though the Pikmin are little plant guys instead of people, I wanted to be able to stitch them to fit in with my standee army, so I drew them to match my sprite patterns. They are smaller, though, so I used backstitching for the outline in order to get more detail in without having to deal with a stupid row of black pixels on the outside. These patterns still only use whole stitches, though, so it's still easy to stitch all five of the Pikmin on plastic canvas. I haven't tried it, but I imagine that if you leave off the backstitch, they should work for perler beads, too. Anyway, here is the pattern, which is a glorious product of a long battle between myself and KG Stitch.
Before digitizing this pattern, I wanted to make sure that it actually worked, so I stitched the Pikmin for myself over the past few days. Here is an actual nice photo of just a few of them, so you can see up close what they're supposed to look like. The white one on the end was done with a darker than suggested backstitch, a waving hand, and a different plant on its head, so I can say for certain that it's easy to experiment with these if you want to do something like that!
I did stitch all five of them, though, so here is a blurry and crooked photo of the entire set, including an extra white Pikmin that I stitched while trying to decide what color with which to outline it. Also, when stitched, I think that the purple one looks like the weird blobby thing from Adventure Time that danced until it shot juice all over the house and looked like it was dead, but that doesn't really have much to do with anything.
With that posted, I'm done for today, so I hope you like this tiny set of tiny patterns! I should be back with something else soon, so, until then, good luck with your stitching, or whatever other crafts you're doing.

5 comments:

  1. I am really thanκful to the holder оf this websіte ωho
    has sharеԁ this wonderful article at at this time.


    Here is my ωeb blog ... MinteԁPoker Bonus ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've гead
    this post and іf I coulԁ І desire to ѕuggest
    you fеw intегеsting things oг tips.

    Maybe уou could ωrite neхt articlеs refeгring
    to thіs artiсle. I want to read more things about
    іt!

    Look into my weblog Internetpage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's it, I have to make the purple one now. Dancing and shooting juice, I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am rеаlly loving the thеme/design оf your web site.
    Do уou ever гun into any intеrnet
    bгοwseг compatіbility isѕues?

    Α number of my blog readers have complainеd about my blοg not working correctly in Εxρloreг but looks great in Opеra.
    Do you hаve anу suggeѕtions to help fix this іssue?



    Here is mу ωeb blοg - MintedPoker Offer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute lil creatures. I'm sorry I have no idea what a Pikmin is so I'm off to google it.

    ReplyDelete