Sunday, July 7, 2013

Three New Sprite Patterns of Characters from Fruits Basket, Fatal Fury, and Cardcaptor Sakura

Hello! Today I actually got everything ready to do drawings for the cross stitch sprite patterns that I'll include in any given post. It was not an exciting task, though I did write the character names with a hot pink Hello Kitty gel pen, which was cool. In order to get things set up, though, I wrote all 50 charts (of characters both requested and otherwise) that I had made and ready to post on the back of a piece of stupid looking scrapbook paper, chopped it up, and then folded each piece of paper in half before placing them all in this lovely mason jar, seen here:
It turns out that this jar is not quite big enough to shuffle the papers by shaking them, as I'd hoped, but I dumped them out two or three times and mixed them up that way instead.

I'm sure that all of that "how to fill a jar with wads of paper" stuff was very fascinating, but now that it's out of the way, here are today's patterns for all of your crafting purposes! The first one that I grabbed (which I feel like will be a symbol of problems with this idea to come) is for Gato, a character from the lovely SNK fighting game Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves. I made a sprite pattern for every character from this game, mostly for my own use, but I know that there are at least a few other of you out there who've made my fighting game patterns, so this shouldn't be a total loss! Plus, I think that I really got this one to look like the character, which is always good. At some point in the future, I will have posted a pattern for every character from the game (with Rock Howard having been posted quite a while ago), but for now, here is Gato.
In a turn of events that may prove to be more popular, the second character that I picked was Tohru, from Fruits Basket! I'm currently working on a set of Fruits Basket patterns, so not all of the characters have been finished yet, but Tohru seems like as good a character as any to start with. As I worked on this pattern, I felt that Tohru was bad, stupid, and had dumb hair, but now that I'm not actually working on it, I have no problem with her. KG Stitch even made the preview image come out properly.
The last pattern for today, which I know several people were actually waiting for, is of Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura. When I made this pattern, I decided to use her concert dress, since it was cute and didn't look like anything Sakura wore, but the proper dusty looking colors might not work too well for Perler beads. It can't hurt much to make a Cardcaptor Sakura fan art more pink and frilly, though, so that doesn't seem so bad.
There is the first post of my randomly choosing which sprite patterns to post experiment, and today, I don't think it went too badly. After a post made up entirely of fighting game characters with weird masks and minor characters from Robotech, I might feel differently, but since that wouldn't be too different from what I do here normally, that is okay. I hope that you guys liked today's patterns and are able to use them for some sort of craft project. Have a nice end to your weekend or start to your week, depending on your time zone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I've not commented anywhere in so long - so I had to go back and get all your patterns I have missed! Is it weird that I save even the characters I don't know and want to stitch them anyway? LOL! So your jar of so many has me very excited! I love the ones you've made recently, too, especially that Dr Who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Tohru and Tomoyo are so alike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Tohru and can't wait to make it! I love the idea of using a jar to pick ideas.

    ReplyDelete