Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Pacific Rim Cross Stitch Is Done, and So Are Twenty More Sprites

Hello! On Sunday, I posted about how unsuccessful I was in actually finishing my Pacific Rim cross stitch during International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, but today, I have completed the project! Actually, I finished it last night, but since I was also almost finished with a sheet of cross stitch standees, I decided to just wait until I had both projects done to post about them. Now that I have managed that, I am doing this massive show-off post!
Since I was very excited to have this monstrosity over and done with, I present to you a lovely photo of my cross stitched version of the Pacific Rim pattern that I posted last month. This design, featuring the logo of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps, was stitched with nearly two skeins of variegated Artiste thread (which sounds fancy, but is really just Hobby Lobby's store brand) onto some 14 count perforated plastic canvas. Now that I'm done with this, I have a matching monochrome pattern to stitch, too, of one of the kaiju, but, although I like how this turned out, I'm going to wait a while to do that. This got sort of boring, so I'm not very excited about replicating the experience. Eventually, however, I will stitch that, too.
After I was done with that, I spent this morning finishing off another sheet of perforated plastic canvas, this time featuring 20 stitched examples of the sprite patterns that I'm constantly posting here! I've been working on this for quite a while, so some of these stitches aren't new at all, but I'm glad that they're ready to cut out.

The first row, from left to right, features Kuma from Tekken, (stitched in DMC Color Effects, just as DMC intended when they manufactured such nice floss) Hiei and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho (who I accidentally used some glow-in-the dark floss on), Stella from Dragon Quest IX, and Rin from Fate/Stay Night, an anime which I have never seen, though I really liked how the pattern came out and wanted to stitch her anyway. The second row starts with SNK's Athena, stitched here in the outfit from her horrible '80s arcade game and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. After that, however, I was having trouble deciding who to stitch next, so I just picked a color of satin floss from my box and decided to do five sprites featuring that color, in order to stitch some sprites that I might not make otherwise. Because of that, I don't know all of the characters that I made that well, but in real life, all of them look much brighter and nicer than they do in this image! After Athena, the second row features one of the guys from Princess Princess, though I'm not sure which one, Roxanne from Pokemon, Mio from Nichijou (I think, at least), and Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth. The third row starts with the last sprite using that floss, who happens to be Lilly Kane from Fatal Fury, or, if you want to actually play as her, King of Fighters 2006. After that, I was reasonably sick of satin floss, so I followed those up with Newt and Herman, the scientists from Pacific Rim, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit Trainer. For the last row, I decided to do the satin floss again, this time in orange! The victims this time are Bowie Grant and Sean Phillips from Robotech, both of whom look extremely '80s, at least in my opinion, the fancy dress version of Katniss from The Hunger Games, Chell from Portal (who the shiny floss worked very well on), and Marin from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

I realize that I just typed a massive wall of text for a very small amount of information, but, from the photo and the description, I have given away a few of the non-requested patterns that are floating around in my sprite patterns that need to be posted jar. Most of the ones I stitched have already been posted by now, though, so there shouldn't be anything too surprising there.

I am finished with this post now, as I'm a little tired of typing. In the next few days, though, I'm hoping to post some new sprite patterns. Until then, have a nice week and good luck with your own craft stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Your Pacific Rim piece is epic, well done. The sprites look great as always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pacific Rim cross stitch is amazing! I haven't picked up a project in while. I should correct that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your finishes look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your finishes. The sprites look great all lined up in rows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Pacific Rim piece! I must watch that movie!
    Your Sprites look fabulous - is it harder or easier to stitch them on plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job on your Pacific Rim piece, it looks great! And your sprites look amazing as always :-)

    ReplyDelete