Friday, September 27, 2013

Meanwhile, On Low Winter Sun

After today's TV show patterns, there is a requested pattern of a Naruto character. I've known enough big fans of 700 episode fighting anime in my life to know that some readers would skip this post due to the American hour long drama connection and miss the pattern, but this thing took me forever to make, and I am not going to skip attracting attention to it. That being said, patterns from those sorts of shows are really fun to make, so if you have requests for more, let me know.

Hello! A week-long homecoming (I am not sure for what, maybe soccer), which sounds slightly nightmarish to me, is starting at my school next week, so in anticipation of this, the entire campus seems to have gone silent. It is because of this that I am posting earlier than normal today! Besides, today, I have two very special patterns for those of you who have been following the Breaking Bad charts this week. I'm sure that at least a few of you who are paying way too much attention to all of this stuff are like, "Oh, ha-ha, I understand that Low Winter Sun is always in the way of our seeing next episode previews for Breaking Bad, and appreciate that this is yet another unfair internet joke about a show that most of us have never seen!" That's because, statistically, people who read this blog are far more likely to respond to a simple joke with large amounts of exposition than the readers of other blogs. I, however, have taken this at least a few steps too far by actually making patterns of Frank and Joe, who I have, through research that is not extensive, but probably took longer than it should have, decided must be the main characters on Low Winter Sun. If you are a fan of the show, I really hope that you like these patterns! KG Stitch was driving me crazy today, turning all of the browns into bright reds and all of the blues into purples, so it took longer than usual to put these charts together. I think that it worked out all right, though, so here they are!

For today's third pattern, taken from the mystical sprite patterns jar, I did not recognize the name "Kankuro" when I drew the slip of paper. However, it turns out that this is the weird cat ear hood guy that I did as a pattern request from Naruto! I made this pattern a while ago, and have no idea of anything about this character, but, like most of the Naruto patterns, it was fun to make. I'm not sure that I got the face paint right, but the hood should make up for it. I hope you guys like it!
The internet is flickering on and off, so I am going to quit posting now and hope that I can get this online! I'll be back tomorrow with my last two Breaking Bad patterns and another pattern from the jar. Until then, have a nice start to your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have been sick with flu or something all week so I'm way behind - I just saved 15 sprite patterns all at once, which gave me a ridiculously happy moment!
    Someday, I shall have more of such moments as most of them I will be stitching!
    When your request jar gets a bit emptier, would it be possible to get Spike and Angel sprites? From Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

    ReplyDelete