Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Portrait Pattern of a New Pokemon Trainer

Hello! Today, I am kind of sleepy and stuffy headed, so when I was doing my homework before coming here, I kept typing the wrong words and forgetting what I wanted to say in the middle of my sentences. That probably means that it is not my best idea ever to do a blog post. I have a really nifty new Pokemon pattern that I want to post, though, so even if the post doesn't make a lot of sense, there'll at least be that for you guys!

The other day, probably because I am behind on my Pokemon information, I found out that the trainers for Pokemon X and Y had names. It doesn't really matter what they are, though Serena and Calem are better names than Hilda and Hilbert. What mattered about that was that I could make patterns with better labels on them than Pokemon X/Y Female Trainer, like I did with my sprite patterns. Because of that, I decided to try and make a fancier pattern of Serena. I was originally going to use a screenshot from the anime for this, but since that hasn't actually been on yet, there were only two or three reference images available. I came to the conclusion that dealing with that wasn't going to be much fun and then started using a screenshot from the game itself instead. Originally, I intended to try and turn the 3D character model into a sprite, which would have been cool. Instead, however, I ended up making a chibi portrait pattern of her. I think that it came out pretty well, and if you want to stitch a portrait pattern without having that much time for it, this one is a bit smaller than normal. I might work on it while I watch TV tonight, but I haven't decided if I will or not yet. Regardless of what I decide to do, though, I hope that some of you like this pattern!
I do not feel confident in my ability to continue constructing sentences, so I am done blogging for now. I've gotten a ton of requested sprite patterns done in the last couple of days, though, so you guys can expect to start seeing those very soon! Until then, have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, she came out quite nice! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete