Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sprite Patterns December Day 15: Finishing the Batman Set

Hello! Today, I am feeling sort of out of it, so this post will not be very long. As I brought up at the end of yesterday's post, however, I do have the rest of the requested Batman set for you guys! I said before that I thought two out of the three characters were pretty easy to guess, and the ones I was referring to in that case were Catwoman and Poison Ivy. The pattern for Catwoman was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, and I'm not sure how well I like it, but no one that I've shown it to has been disappointed, so I might just be too picky. I think Poison Ivy turned out well, but by this point, if I hadn't figured out how to make a sprite pattern with big hair and elaborate footwear, I'd be screwed in terms of most of the requests you guys make. The last of the three characters in the set is Nightwing, who I am not ashamed to admit I saw in the list and thought, "Oh, from that episode of Teen Titans where Starfire goes to the future and she's all like, 'Robin!' and he's like, 'No. Robin is dead. I'm Nightwing.'?" (This episode may not have gone quite as I remember it going.) I realize that upon reading that, there are some people who are probably kind of horrified, but Nightwing is not in the 90s Batman cartoon, and he had all his stuff done with before Batman Beyond started, so that effectively leaves him out of my zone of knowledge. The pattern was fun to make, though, and I think it ended up looking cool. Anyway, before I get distracted and go make a set of Teen Titans patterns, here are today's cross stitch patterns, finishing up the Batman set!

I am done blogging for today, but will have new sprite patterns tomorrow! Farewell, and have a nice evening!

2 comments:

  1. Yay these guys look awesome! Great work once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely! I really like these - Nightwing is one of my favorites :D

    ReplyDelete