Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sprite Patterns December Day 17: The Rest of the FFVIII School Disciplinary Committee

Hello! I probably should have posted sooner than I actually am today, because I am tired and my brain is mush, but I spent a really long time editing and proofreading my paper today, then flew across the sidewalk and fell when I went across campus to get coffee (but there was no gum on my car today!) and then my cable wasn't working, so I watched a DVD of the Tekken movie, Blood Vengeance, that came out last year and had been sitting on my bookshelf all semester. I am not sure why a video game company would hire one of the guys who wrote for Cowboy Bebop to make an anime about cheerful high school girls and friendship based on their video game about kicking people, and then have the whole thing end in a 20 minute fight between three characters who were not in the movie for the first 70 minutes, but after researching this movie online, it seems that I am in opposition to most people who saw this movie about what the watchable part was. Then again, I do not have anything against movies with "girls yakking their heads off" (this is an actual quote from an IMDB review), though I did get a little impatient when everyone started screaming about the bowels of hell and being on fire, and then when it had pretty much the same ending as the first Pokemon movie, but with more robots and maybe it was about the environment, too, I was just kind of confused. It wasn't good, but it wasn't boring or homework, so I guess that's what matters.

Anyway, like I was saying last night, I made a couple of new Final Fantasy VIII patterns after seeing that someone had almost finished making the set! I've actually played the game, so I didn't need to beg for character requests like I have with other things, but I did end up making Raijin and Fujin, two fairly minor characters. They reminded me of Solt and Pepper from Chrono Cross, but less old time-y and maybe a little more competent, so I thought it would be fun to have patterns of them. I think that these patterns came out well and will probably make them, so I hope you guys like them, too!

I think that I'm almost done with sprite patterns from FFVIII now, so I can move onto IX soon, which seems like it will be difficult, but fun. I still have to make the dream world characters, but I think that's just four more, so I might have that before the end of the month.

Anyway, this is all that I have for now, but I will have yet another blog post tomorrow! I have no idea what sprite patterns it will contain, but hopefully, I will pick some before I start posting. Until then, have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. awesome sprites! I just beat the game today and was thinking as I was watching the Ending, that it would be cool to see a Dork Stitch of Ultimecia and Laguna. ^_^ Love these and might make a set of all of the FFVIII sprites that you have made if I can find some fabric to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm not sure which Dream world characters you're planning on doing, I'd really like to ask (but you don't have to if you don't want to) for you to make Laguna, Raine, and Ellone. I just want my Squally to have his whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention how excited I am to make Fuu and Rai~!

      Delete