Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sprite Patterns December Day 24: An Early Start on the Christmas Doctor Who Patterns

Hello! Today I opened my paint and cross stitch pattern making programs to work on my post for tomorrow and realized that I was planning to post seven patterns tomorrow, four of which I hadn't even started, and an eighth one that I was considering, but not sure if I could finish it in time. I am still planning all of these patterns, and will be posting five of them tomorrow, unless my computer explodes and my hands fall off. For today's post, however, I think that I'm going to get my pre-planned Doctor Who patterns extravaganza (though for an extravaganza, it's a little underwhelming) started with two patterns of some of the bad guys and a third pattern that I found sitting around in my still-to-post folder!

For the past year or so, I think that the sprite patterns requested most often have been Daleks and Cybermen. Since I wanted to have those patterns, too, it was no problem, but with the Doctor Who Christmas special, I wanted to wait until Christmas to post them. I didn't quite make it for these two, but Christmas Eve seems like as good a day to post patterns of creatures set on destroying humanity as any. The Cyberman pattern was horrible to make, and when I first made it on Sunday, I think (Bob's Burgers was on when I was working on it), I decided that I was going to file it away and never look at it again. Today, though, I despise it much less, so I'll post it. I really like the Dalek pattern, though, so I'm not reluctant to post that at all. These are both a little more complicated than most sprite patterns, so, especially with the Dalek, the color key may actually be a relevant detail. I'm still probably going to grab random colors and hope for the best, but since a lot of you reading this are more precise than I am, I wanted to say something about that. Anyway, here are today's shiny new patterns!

For today's last pattern, I found a pattern of Clara from last year's Christmas special, in her fancy 19th century clothing, that seems worth posting! It's just an alternate outfit for a pre-existing pattern, so I didn't want to give her a special post, but I like this pattern. Hopefully, it will be useful to you guys, too!
I am done with today's post, but am leaving here to work on the sprite patterns for tomorrow! It'll be more Doctor Who stuff for Christmas, which I'm not sure is a surprise to anyone, but I'm having fun working on these patterns. Until then, have a nice Christmas Eve if you celebrate it, and a lovely Tuesday evening or any other holiday that might be occurring if you don't!

4 comments:

  1. Now my Christmas Eve is complete. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these patterns-especially the Dalek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making my Christmas :) I have spent most of my day watching the Doctor Who marathon on TV with my parents and sister which happens every Christmas.
    (It is Christmas in New Zealand)
    -kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, these are awesome! Great Dalek pattern! Looking forward to your next sprites :-)

    ReplyDelete