Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sprite Patterns of the 2014 Academy Award Nominees for Best Actor

Hello! I've been doing homework like crazy, with one day this week involving my working on it for nine hours. Because of that, I wasn't able to get my sprite patterns for this year's nominees for Best Actor at the Academy Awards done as early as I wanted to. Tomorrow, however, is the actual day of the Academy Awards, which is close enough to a special occasion that I worked really hard tonight in order to get enough done that I didn't have to do much tomorrow. I did a bunch of discussion questions for a pretend syllabus for a pretend literature class that I'm making, and I was going to quit and work on my rubber band rug, but instead felt so productive that I decided to finish the Academy Award nominees pattern set for this year.

The five nominees for best actor were probably the hardest set of any of them to finish for this year. I got Bruce Dern and Chiwetel Ejiofor done pretty early, but past that, I had three problem actors. Christian Bale was so sleazy looking in American Hustle that it was difficult to get that to come across, Matthew McConaughey had a cowboy hat, which always makes things hard, and Leonardo DiCaprio kept ending up looking like Phoenix Wright. In the end, I think I did all right with these patterns, though Leonardo DiCaprio does, in fact, still look quite a bit like Phoenix Wright. I don't think that's necessarily bad, though, so, in alphabetical order, here are the sprite patterns for the 2014 Academy Award nominees for Best Actor.

Christian Bale, for American Hustle

Bruce Dern, for Nebraska

Leonardo DiCaprio, for The Wolf of Wall Street

Chiwetel Ejiofor, for Twelve Years a Slave (Again, the hair on this pattern will look better when stitched than it does in the preview image. KG Stitch and I are at war.)

and, finally, Matthew McConaughey, for Dallas Buyers Club

It is almost 1 am, so, despite the fact that people are yelling and ice is smacking into my window, I want to go to bed. I don't have any WIP photos of anything today, but in my next post, where I will have the idol singer silhouette pattern that I used for my first project of the year, I will hopefully have something I am working on. Until then, have a nice rest of your weekend and good luck with your crafts and stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Great patterns! Good luck with your homework and enjoy the Academy Awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I finish the Pokemon ones I'm doing for my sister, I am gonna stitch all the Academy Award Nominees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is so awesome!!!
    http://caityhaze.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete