Sunday, June 8, 2014

Finished Project #5 for 2014!

Hello! This is going to be a short post, but this morning, I finally finished the needlepoint I'd been working on of Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time! I got the pattern a few weeks ago from Awenmir's cross stitch patterns website, Superstitch, when I was looking for a Sailor Moon pattern to start cross stitching. When I saw her Adventure Time patterns, though, it seemed like they'd be perfect for plastic canvas, so I started one of those instead.

I picked Princess Bubblegum out of all of the patterns mostly because I wanted to, and if I'd picked a different character, or stitched this on normal fabric, it may have been slightly more interesting. The hair especially involved giant chunks of half-stitching in coral yarn, and though I think it came out well, it wasn't always exciting. Awenmir's pattern came out perfectly, though, and the finished project is more impressively too-big than I'd expected. She's just a little bit under two feet tall, and after I cut her out, it seemed even cooler than it had while the project was still just stitched across the two pieces of 7-count plastic canvas. I used a lot of different yarn brands for this, but the belt and crown are in cross stitches while the rest is just in half stitches. I also stitched around the outside after I cut her out, just because I think that looks nicer. Anyway, here is a photo of the finished needlepoint project!
I am done posting for today, though I have a lot of upcoming patterns that I'm pretty excited about posting. Tomorrow or the next day, I'll probably finish up the RWBY pattern set, and from there, I have two new pattern sets that I'm working on, along with an unnecessarily complicated sprite pattern that I'm quite proud of having made. Until then, I hope you guys have a nice end to all of your weekends!

2 comments: