Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kind of a Test Sprite Pattern That I Will Still Make

Hello! I thought that today, I'd spend most of my computer time making corrections to XML files, but as it turns out that I am not as dumb as I'd assumed that I was, I get to inflict ridiculously complicated cross stitch patterns from anime about idol singers on you guys!

Lately, I've been working on trying to find a way to make a good group of sprite patterns, as eventually, I want to make one for all of the characters in the new Smash Bros. game. I was also making patterns of all of the girls from Idolm@ster, because, as you may have guessed from the Polar Bear Cafe post earlier this week, I like my anime to be serious, dramatic, and full of heart-pounding action. At first, it seemed like it would be a good idea to post all twelve of the Idolm@ster patterns individually, dragging them out for weeks of posts in which I didn't shut up about the joys of sitcom anime. I'd already decided to do that with Polar Bear Cafe, though, so I ended up jamming all of the Idolm@ster characters into one pattern, adding their producer at the side for good measure, and getting that over with in one post.

I actually think the giant group pattern turned out really well, even though the matching outfits made it more difficult than a pattern like this would be with Smash Bros. characters. If any of you guys also like fluffy anime about pop stars and aren't prepared for this sort of crafting commitment, though, I can also post any of the individual patterns that you might want. Ami and Mami are both on the same pattern, since I put the twins from Ouran Host Club on the same one and this really didn't seem all that different, but everyone else is in an individual pattern.

If you do want to stitch this, the only special note about it, other than the size, is that you will need a lot of different shades of brown for the hair. I got kind of picky while I was making this, so I used the ink dropper in my paint program to get the exact shades of brown for every brunette character's hair from screenshots from the TV show. I was too lazy to do that by the time I got to Azusa and Chihaya, though, so I just put them in the top row and on opposite ends of the pattern from each other, so that it wasn't so obvious that I'd given them the same hair color. If you're less dedicated than I am, I don't see why you couldn't smush together some of the different shades of brown and get away with that, too. There are also more colors than normal for a sprite pattern, too, but since there are 14 characters in it, that doesn't seem so odd to me.

With all of that typing done, here is the cast picture sprite pattern for Idolm@ster! I don't know if any of you guys will actually care, but in the event that you do, I hope you like the pattern!

Now that I have that posted, I don't have any WIP photos for today, so I am currently done with this post! I still have way too many patterns to post, though, so I'll be back very soon. Have a nice end to your weekend and good luck with all of your craft stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks GREAT !!! Have a WONDERFUL DAY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is perfect! I'm going to make this for a friend of mine who loves idolm@ster. thank you for always making such nice patterns :)

    ReplyDelete