Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dork Stitch's Sixth Annual Heal Slime Day!

Hello! As I was talking about earlier in the week, today is Dork Stitch's 6th Annual Heal Slime Day which, due to some bad planning on my part, proves that I have kept this blog going for a little over five years! There is no particular significance to the fact that it is Heal Slime day, other than that I like Dragon Quest and made a hyperbolic post about a pattern that I posted when first starting this blog, but it stuck because I decided that it should, leading to an annual post dedicated to the character.

I'm pretty sure that not a lot of you actually care about the Heal Slime patterns, even though I have a pretty good one this year, if I do say so myself. Despite that, I really appreciate all of you guys that read this blog, use the patterns that I post, and leave comments, especially considering that some of you have been here almost since I started. Without knowing that people were reading this blog, I would have gotten bored and quit posting a long time ago. I probably still would have been making cross stitch patterns, but keeping a blog is more fun than searching for websites willing to host my stuff, so it is cool that you guys have stuck around.

Anyway, for today, I have a sprite pattern of Heal Slime! I thought that I had done this years ago, but apparently, I had not, so for today, I set about making one character from an old RPG look like it could reasonably appear in a different old RPG. (Phantasy Star is fun and all, but it is sorely lacking the Dragon Quest slimes, as are most games.) The Heal Slime sprite turned out to be pretty small, though, so I made the normal slime and King Slime to go with it, meaning that today, I'm posting three characters in one pattern! They're all pretty small and not very fancy, but I think they're cute, so I hope that you guys like today's pattern, too!
With that finished, I am done posting for today, though I have a ton of patterns ready to post and will be back soon. As always, I have a lot of sprite patterns, and then I have more Polar Bear Cafe stuff and a set of portrait patterns that I'm working on from a different and far more popular anime, too. Until my next post, have a nice end to your week and, if you're also in the USA, a good Fourth of July!

1 comment: