Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Posting at Least Once in October

Hello! I have not posted here for a while, because it has been a weird semester. Most of thas is irrelevant to this blog. However, as far as this goes, I have not made any cross stitch patterns for quite a while because someone that I know in real life made pattern requests with high frequency and deadlines in a manner that made me wish I had hidden all my craft supplies in a lead box under my bed. Crafts are not homework, but for a while, it felt like they were, so today, I decided and told them that those requests were off the table so that I can work on this blog and get going with Sprite Patterns December. I have a lot of awesome requests from you guys to work on, and some sprite patterns that I want to make for myself, too, along with a fairly large stitching project that I started over the weekend.

Anyway, now that I have all of that rubbish out of the way, it's time to post the last pattern, at least for now, in my set of giant Polar Bear Cafe cross stitch patterns! (I still might go back and make Llama, because that would be kind of cool.) For today, I have a pattern of Sasako, the only human who works at Polar Bear's Cafe, because she seemed like she would be a good addition to the set. The pattern is 160 stitches tall, so for this blog, at least, it's pretty big. The details are not extreme, though, and neither is the color count, so it should still be a relatively easy project. I don't imagine that stitching her skirt will be very exciting, but I also know some people like stitching giant monochrome blocks, so for someone out there, maybe this is an advantage. Anyway, I hope that you guys like this pattern!

This weekend, I also started a giant stitching project for myself, using a design from the Mario Paint strategy guide. I'd made a lot of stuff from it before, but never one of the big projects, so right now, the 16 by 16 square stamps feel like odd units to stitch from. It doesn't help that the center of this project is the most boring part of it by a longshot. For now, though, all I can do is stitch knowing that eventually, this dull blob of gray will be a hideously colorful and incredibly dated looking piece of Nintendo memorabilia. For now, marvel at this square, half-stitched gray mass! (It is done on 18-count fabric with DMC floss.)

I am done blogging for today, though hopefully, I will be back soon with more patterns. I have another Sailor Moon bad guy to post, a ton of sprite patterns from Fire Emblem and Rival Schools (because this blog is cutting edge awesome) on my desktop waiting to be charted, and plan to start a new set of big patterns to compensate for the Polar Bear Cafe set drawing to a close. Until then, have a good rest of your week and good luck with your crafts!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern and I look forward to seeing your mario paint piece grow (is that mario paint on the SNES? I love that game!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on the crafty homework feeling. It's kind of a bummer! You survived though and now can continue on for fun. :D

    ReplyDelete